Gloria Bohan, president and CEO of Omega World Travel and Cruise.com, was honored as godmother of Windstar’s Star Legend, successfully breaking a traditional bottle of champagne over the bow in front of a crowd of 250 guests, media, and trade partners. The debut of Star Legend came on the heels of the launch of sister yacht, Star Breeze, which was christened May 6, 2015, in Nice, France.
Both yachts hold 212 passengers at double occupancy. The inclusion of Star Breeze and Star Legend to the fleet makes the company a market leader in small ship cruising with 300 or fewer passengers, with a total of 1,242 berths and six ships.
The 212-passenger yacht joins the fleet after an $8.5 million, three-week renovation in Genoa, Italy. Star Legend received a full stem to stern transformation, including overhauls of every public space, dining venues, and suites. Highlights include:
• The outdoor Star Deck has expanded by 4 feet on each side to provide more space for loungingNew Itineraries
• The Star Deck now offers a new counter-current pool and whirlpool.
• The observation lounge on the top deck is transformed to Windstar’s popular Yacht Club, a chic coffee bar and lounge
• The entertainment lounge is completely renovated with new flooring, lighting, and furniture
• The club space has turned into the Compass Rose, redesigned with new contemporary furnishings, rich new flooring finishes, and plantation shutters
• The ship’s card room is now the Star Screening Room, where guests can view current movies
• AmphorA Restaurant is completely redesigned with updated lighting, wall coverings, art work, and seating layouts
• Veranda, located at the aft of the yacht, now offers expanded outdoor seating complete with a courtyard and garden wall
After its inaugural voyage, Star Legend will continue to cruise in the Mediterranean and Northern Europe for the summer season. Following an ocean crossing in the fall, Star Breeze will embark on one of Windstar’s newest Caribbean itineraries, San Juan and the Virgin Islands, and will continue to sail in the Caribbean for the winter season.
Windstar is planning a $3 million additional renovation of Star Pride, which joined Windstar’s fleet in May of 2014 following a moderate facelift that included updated furnishings and some remodeling. The continuation of the transformation includes the completion of the AmphorA Restaurant remodel and a total renovation of the Lounge, Veranda, Screening Room, and more.
Image Courtesy of Windstar Cruises