Current updates from the island as of 8/21/07, 5:00 p.m. Central Time:
- The Cozumel International airport reopened immediately after the storm at 12:00 pm, Aug. 21 and received its first flight, a Continental Airlines flight that arrived from Houston.
- Passenger ferry services between Cozumel and Playa del Carmen will resume operation tomorrow, Wednesday, Aug. 22, 2007, at 6:00 a.m. CDT. The vehicle and cargo ferry will begin service tomorrow as well at 12:00 p.m.
- All of Cozumel's piers, including the Punta Langosta Pier and International Pier for cruise ships, are fine and fully operational.
- Cruise ships will begin returning to Cozumel on Thursday, Aug. 23. The island will be welcoming two Carnival Cruise Line ships scheduled to arrive that first day and three ships (including Royal Caribbean and Carnival Cruise Lines) on Friday, Aug. 24.
- The majority of Cozumel hotels and resorts were up and running today and the remaining properties will be open and ready to receive guests by Aug. 22.
- Restaurants and shops throughout the island, including downtown San Miguel, have started to reopen today and all are expected to resume business by Aug. 22.
- Cozumel beach clubs are scheduled to reopen on Thursday, Aug. 23, 2007.
- The Cozumel Country Club Golf Course incurred no damage and will reopen Aug. 22.
- The Museum of the Island of Cozumel reopened today.
- Chankanaab Park and the archaeological sites at San Gervasio will reopen Aug. 22.
- All island tours are currently up and running.
- The Atlantis Submarine ride will begin operating again on Friday, August 24, 2007.
- Individuals who have existing travel plans to Cozumel during this time are always encouraged to check with travel agents, hotels and airlines for additional updates.
Travelers can also visit www.islacozumel.com.mx on 8/22/07 for Cozumel updates and recent photos from the island.