Immediately engaging, the new site’s dynamic homepage showcases revolving flash modules of stunning imagery and key promotional messages. From there, you can explore the site’s most intriguing new component, the interactive photo-rich Crystal Experience, as well as descriptive content about Destinations, Crystal Adventures shore excursions, Featured Special Offers, and the comprehensive Cruise Guidebook—an informative combination of the previous site’s Life on Board and Before You Sail sections, as well as Crystal’s worldwide cruise atlas. Other dedicated sections include a new Voyage Finder plus such refreshed features as Find an Agent, Special Offers, Media Center, Meetings & Incentives, and much more.
Key attributes of the site include:
- The Crystal Experience: accessed from the Homepage, this area delivers on its name with 26 visual tours and detailed narratives depicting life aboard Crystal Symphony and Crystal Serenity. In addition to Ships, individual slide shows are also dedicated to Service; Sea & Shore, enriching activities and adventures both on board and ashore; and Society, information on the line’s past guest program the Crystal Society. Here also you may view Crystal Days at Sea, Tour the Ships, and the ever-popular Live Views.
- Destinations: grouped into 15 worldwide destinations, including a section devoted to the World Cruise, all of the line’s far-reaching and port-intensive itineraries through 2010 are presented with vivid photography capturing a view of the world through the multi-faceted lens of Crystal. A new roll-over feature allows you to glean a snapshot of each particular voyage right from the Destination Homepage, and if interested, click through to an informative page dedicated to that cruise. From any page within the Destination section, you may contact your Travel Agent directly, or request that a Crystal Expert Travel Agency contact them.
- Voyage Finder: among the most exciting enhancements, the new cruise search allows you to choose a voyage by destination, travel date, cruise length, ship, theme, or by all five criteria. As travel preferences are selected, the web page refreshes with a list of matching cruises.
- Itinerary Pages: from the Destination section, individual voyages are accessed and presented in rich detail (Rooms & Fares, Entertainment & Programs, Crystal Adventures, Hotel Programs) including expandable port links with images and descriptions, and new interactive maps illustrating world location. A new enhancement, Similar Voyages, displays at the bottom of the itinerary page allowing you to consider a greater selection of voyages within a particular destination. Also included are Special Offers and Tour the Ship links, as well as a Recommended Reading List.
- Cruise Guidebook: one of the more unique features to be found on any cruise line website, the Cruise Guidebook models the detailed ‘back-of-the-book’ information provided in Crystal’s annual Worldwide Atlas. Accessed at the top of the page from anywhere on the site, it contains detailed information on virtually every aspect of traveling with Crystal, from pre-cruise planning to shipboard life to the Crystal Society past guest program. The Cruise Guidebook also features a helpful search function and a print-by-page option.