Guests will sail on the Rhine River aboard the all-new AmaKristina, a river cruise ship being custom built by AmaWaterways. While the food and wine sailing is exclusively for adults, the Adventures by Disney river cruise portfolio offers vacation options for families as well. Designed with guests of all ages in mind, these sailings along the Danube and Rhine rivers allow families to explore Europe as a family in a way that is active, immersive and easy.
Disney Culinary Director John State and Master Sommelier Brian Koziol worked hand-in-hand with Adventures by Disney to masterfully craft a new eight-day, seven-night epicurean sailing through Switzerland, France, Germany, and the Netherlands. State and Koziol have a proven track record of curating food and beverage experiences for popular Disney theme park events, such as the Epcot International Food & Wine Festival, which draw foodies from around the globe to visit Disney parks. They're now bringing these same talents to Adventures by Disney, sailing aboard a river cruise ship through the heart of Europe with AmaWaterways, a premier luxury river cruise line.
Offering extraordinary food and beverage experiences both on and off the ship, this adult-exclusive vacation, which sets sail from Basel, Switzerland on Oct. 21, 2017, offers the following highlights:
• Learn about wine tasting and blending during vineyard tours and onboard seminars hosted by Brian Koziol, one of only 230 Master Sommeliers in the world.This new Rhine adventure is just the latest expansion of the successful Adventures by Disney vacation portfolio, which now includes 15 sailings along Europe's Danube and Rhine Rivers in 2017. Combining the award-winning service and luxury of AmaWaterways with the proven travel expertise of Adventures by Disney, these river cruise sailings offer a vacation experience that is all-inclusive and hassle-free. Travelers can customize their trip to fit their needs by choosing from a variety of activity options offered at ports and onboard each day.
• Share in the history and culinary mastery of the authentic dishes of Europe during intimate gourmet demonstrations and workshops with John State, culinary director for the Disneyland Resort.
• Stroll through charming Riquewihr, France on a guided walking tour that incorporates local gastronomic delights, including sausages and French macarons.
• Discover the art of the Strasbourg specialty, tart flambé, during an interactive class, complete with local beer and Alsatian wine pairings.
• Get hands-on during a French patisserie class in Strasbourg.
• Explore German vineyards and visit festive pubs while sampling the hearty cuisine of the Alsace region.
• Tour the Heineken Factory, savor a special caramel waffle demonstration and learn how to blend craft cocktails during a private workshop in Amsterdam.
"At Adventures by Disney we've had an incredibly successful first season of European river cruise vacations," said Ken Potrock, senior vice president of Adventures by Disney. "For 2017 we dreamt even bigger, expanding our offerings to include not only our already popular Danube sailings, but also exciting new experiences along the Rhine River. By adding this new food and wine themed sailing we're able to give our adult guests an even more customized way to travel with us, and the line-up of experiences we've planned for this epicurean adventure allow us to showcase the rich culinary stories of this region in a luxuriously delicious way."
Image Courtesy Adventures by Disney