“The response to the initial program announcement has been so great that we’ve decided also to offer the Seven Seas Wellness program in 2018,” said Jason Montague, president and CEO of the cruise line. “Regent Seven Seas Cruises is delighted to present a holistic wellness program that anyone can join in and provide a new way to take in the Mediterranean’s beauty and heritage. Throughout, Seven Seas Voyager’s exceptional staff and crew will take care of everything so guests can continue to bask in the glow of their Seven Seas Wellness experience.”
Seven Seas Voyager guests can choose among 11 Seven Seas Wellness excursions, ranging from Tai Chi to Yoga, hydrothermal therapy to aromatherapy, and hiking and laughter, on their summer 2017 Mediterranean voyage:
• Provence (Marseille), France – De-stress and unwind with the ancient Chinese martial arts in a 19th century palace on Tai Chi in the Imperial Garden.
• Palma De Mallorca, Spain – Enjoy fresh sea air and breathtaking scenery as guests center their chi from either the Illuetta Bay or Can Antoni Pere Beach on Mallorca Meditation in Motion.
• Corfu, Greece – Experience Corfiot filoxenia, a concept not adequately defined by the word “hospitality,” and learn about local culture, before practicing yoga and deep meditation in one of Greece’s most beautiful estates on The Generosity of Spirit.
• Monte Carlo, Monaco – Guests will calm the mind, increase focus, strength, and stamina, in the fast-paced, dance-like style of yoga that synchronizes breathing, while enjoying the spectacular Mediterranean panorama on Vinyasa Yoga on Monte Carlo.
• Taormina, Sicily – Guests take in the dramatic and contrasting coastlines, cliffs, and Mount Etna, as they practice poses from a high perch overlooking the charming seaside town on Taormina Terrace Yoga.
• Rome (Civitavecchia), Italy – Soak in the restorative mineral-rich, thermal springs, which has been visited by Popes and Kings throughout its thousand-year-old history on Thermal Baths of Popes.
• Sorrento, Italy – Enjoy a sprawling spa complex built on the site of an ancient Roman prototype, consisting of warm and cold thermal springs with rock grottos, mineral baths, pools and genuine Roman sauna rooms on Roman Baths and the Burning Fields.
• Venice, Italy – Visit the exhibition at the palace-turned-museum, where one room recreates a 16th century perfumer’s laboratory and guests can learn how to create their own perfume to take home on Venetian Scents at Palazzo Mocenigo.
• Amalfi/Positano, Italy– Be inspired and invigorated by the island’s calming presence, inherent spirit, and many natural gifts on a highlights tour, before visiting Carthusia, the famous and exclusive perfume laboratory on this full-day Capri for all Senses.
Walking & LaughingWith each Seven Seas Wellness excursion, guests can choose one of five rejuvenating and included treatments by Canyon Ranch SpaClub for a complete body and soul experience:
• Palma De Mallorca, Spain – Enjoy the benefits of lower-impact, body-toning Nordic walk up the hill to the 14th century Bellver Castle on Nordic Morning Walk.
• Palamos, Spain – Unlock the many health benefits of this atypical Laughter Therapy session, where guests giggle and laugh for a full-scale workout to release stress-busting endorphins on the Wellness of Laughter.
• Ocean Scrub – A wonderfully restorative, exfoliating body treatment that cools skin on contact, while antibacterial essence of laurel opens the airways and spirulina intensely hydrates.The new Seven Seas Wellness program on Regent’s Seven Seas Voyager is available on 7- to 10-night Mediterranean itineraries departing May 22 through Sept 28, 2017, except aboard the July 25, 2017 voyage, and select 2018 sailings. There is a supplemental charge of US$299 per guest per wellness experience and spa service pairing.
• World of Relief Body Buff – Organic essential oils from around the world combined with organic Dead Sea salts that stimulates and exfoliates, and is finished with an application of biodynamic honey and essential oils that hydrates and nourishes.
• Vitamin Infusion Facial – This superb treatment delivers nutrients to the skin to reduce the signs of environmental damage from the sun, pollution and stress.
• Sole Rejuvenation – This deliciously relaxing foot scrub and massage relieves tension, soothes aches and puts the spring back in your step.
• Tangle Me Up Organic Body Wrap - Powerful antioxidant compounds found in Laminaria digitata algae work to firm and tone the skin, alleviating the appearance of cellulite and signs of aging, while helping to protect against cell damage from environmental toxins.
Celebrating its 25th anniversary in 2017, Regent Seven Seas Cruises is the world's most inclusive luxury cruise line with a four-ship fleet that visits more than 425 destinations around the world. Regent Seven Seas Cruises is currently undergoing a $125 million fleetwide refurbishment that will elevate the level of elegance found throughout the fleet to the standard set by Seven Seas Explorer, which entered service on July 20, 2016, and has since been recognized as the most luxurious ship ever built. A leader in luxury cruising, the line's fares include all-suite accommodations, round-trip air, highly personalized service, exquisite cuisine, fine wines and spirits, unlimited internet access, sightseeing excursions in every port, gratuities, ground transfers and a pre-cruise hotel package for guests staying in concierge-level suites and higher. Beginning in summer 2017, Regent Seven Seas Cruises also will include Business Class air for all intercontinental flights. For more information about Seven Seas Wellness, Seven Seas Voyager, and Regent Seven Seas Cruises, visit RSSC.com.
Photo © Linda Coffman, CruiseDiva.com