Two sailings will separately feature world-renowned jazz musicians, Arturo Sandoval and John Pizzarelli, who will entertain guests lucky enough to be onboard. Clients seeking cultural or wondrous destinations will find visits to the Holy Land, the Panama Canal, the South Pacific, and Hawaiian Islands. For the active and adventurous traveler, the Great Barrier Reef and icy landscapes of Antarctica are sure to please. One itinerary begins and ends in Los Angeles, a popular U.S. travel hub.
"Seabourn promises the finest cruises with exquisite onboard luxuries, carefully crafted itineraries, and experiences guests will always remember," said Chris Austin, senior vice president of global marketing and sales for Seabourn. "This selection of itineraries offers travelers a means to take a journey to many extraordinary global destinations with some inspiring features attached. If I were a traveler in Southern California, the 32-day experience where I didn't have to fly would be very attractive."
The highlighted fall 2017 sailings include:
• 21-Day Holy Land & Arabian Gems (Oct 4, Seabourn Encore) - From the Mediterranean through the Suez Canal, the Red Sea to the Arabian Sea, this three-week cruise departs from Civitavecchia (Rome) with stops at Naples (Pompeii), and Syracuse in Italy. The Holy Land welcomes at Haifa (Tel Aviv) and Ashdod (Jerusalem), Israel, and then cruises the Suez Canal before reaching the remarkable beauty of Aqaba (Petra), Jordan and finally Dubai in United Arab Emirates.Seabourn guests enjoy intimate, all-suite accommodations; intuitive, personalized service; critically acclaimed culinary offerings; in-depth shore excursions; and itineraries dotted with hidden gems that larger ships are unable to access. There are also onboard offerings including Seabourn Conversations, the popular onboard enrichment and special guest entertainment program featuring distinguished speakers and sparkling personalities, as well as optional, for-charge Ventures by Seabourn excursions led by the talented, expert guides of the onboard expedition team.
• 32-Day Hawaii Pacific Sojourn (Oct 14, Seabourn Sojourn) - This voyage takes guests from Los Angeles to the Hawaiian Islands and back, for a month-long round trip itinerary. Depart for a week on the Pacific before touring French Polynesia with stops at Papeete; Moorea; and Bora Bora. Cross the International Dateline twice, with a landing at Tabuaeran (Fanning Island), Kiribati, before heading to Hawaii with stops at Manele Bay, rarely visited Lanai; Nawiliwili Kauai; and Lahaina. Destinations experts Richard Hayman and Ian Cox will also join this sailing as part of the Seabourn Conversations program.
• 24-Day Caribbean & Brazilian Exploration (Nov 5, Seabourn Quest) - Cruise from Miami to Buenos Aires, Argentina, with stops in the Caribbean at Great Harbour, Jost van Dyke, BVI; Gustavia, Saint Barthelemy; Terre-de-Haut, Iles des Saintes, Guadeloupe; and Bridgetown, Barbados. Additional destinations include Vitoria, Armacao dos Buzios, and two days at Rio de Janeiro, Brazil; and Montevideo, Uruguay, before reaching the Argentine capital. This itinerary will host Arturo Sandoval, the award-winning and legendary jazz trumpeter, pianist and composer.
• 24-Day Orchid Isles & Great Barrier Reef (Nov 10, Seabourn Encore) - Discover the beauty of Southeast Asia and Australia on this remarkable three-week cruise departing Singapore en route to Java, Surabaya, and three landings over as many days on Bali, Indonesia. The cruise sails on to Australia with a landing at Darwin, two days exploring the underwater wonders of the Great Barrier Reef at Cairns, and Townsville, Hamilton Island and Mooloolaba in Queensland before arriving at Sydney. Seabourn Conversations will feature the Royal Portrait Painter, Richard Stone, who has captured most of Britain's Royal Family on canvas, as well as leading members of society and the community.
• 18-Day Panama Canal Sojourn (Nov 15, Seabourn Sojourn) - This cruise heads south from Los Angeles with stops at Huatulco, and Puerto Chiapas, Mexico, as well as Puerto Quetzal, Guatemala and Puntarenas (Puerto Caldera), Costa Rica. Arrival at Panama Canal Balboa leads to three days heading west to east through the engineering wonder that is the Panama Canal. The last destination is Cartagena, Colombia before three days at sea en route to Miami. During this voyage, Seabourn Conversations will host John Pizzarelli, a world-renowned jazz guitarist and singer, among the prime revivalists of the great American songbook.
• 21-Day Ultimate Antarctica & Patagonia (Nov 29, Seabourn Quest) - This three-week cruise departs Buenos Aires before heading south for a six-day Antarctic Experience with exploration and wildlife spotting under guidance of the ship's Ventures by Seabourn Expedition Team. The Antarctic Experience includes a complimentary Zodiac landing each day to selected Antarctic locations, digital photography workshops, Seabourn parka and backpack, frequent wildlife sightings from the ship and shore and special guest speakers on board.
Image Courtesy of Seabourn Cruises