Friday, December 14, 2007

Norwegian Gem At Sea

Like most of Norwegian Gem's "It" Girl BFFs, I slept in today. After grabbing coffee, my first stop of the day was the Bridge Viewing Area where I discovered officers on duty steering Norwegian Gem toward a patch of blue sky and sunshine.

Most of the pool deck has been cleared of slush, but it's still cold outdoors and I won't be joining the brave souls who are enjoying the hot tubs. However, indoors we're the hottest thing at sea. We'll be bowling later in Bliss, the ultra-hip South Beach-style lounge with four bowling lanes.

While inspecting the launderette, which is complimentary for passenger use, I ran into one of the Second City Players who pointed out that Bliss is a hip late-night dance spot for the younger crowd, which leaves Spinnaker Lounge free as a secondary show lounge and dance club for the (ahem) older crowd. Later tonight, Bliss is the site of a White Night Party... oops, my wardrobe is black and I have nothing white to wear. Have I missed something? Is white the 'new' black? I hope no one notices my fashion error. I may have to join my "older" peers to party in Spinnaker. It's good to have choices and there are plenty of those here on Norwegian Gem.

About that launderette, no... I wasn't actually washing clothes. I was just checking it out in case I need to iron something later.

No comments: