Thursday, December 13, 2007

On Board Norwegian Gem in Boston

"The weather outside is frightful" here in Boston. Thankfully, my flight from Atlanta arrived on time before it began to snow. And snow. And snow.

By the time I'd finished lunch in Norwegian Gem's Garden Cafe--excellent cheese tortellini prepared on the spot--there was more than a dusting of cold white stuff covering the pool deck. It's been a long time since I've seen snow and it was a new experience to see it while on a cruise ship.

For a while it appeared that we weren't going anywhere on our 2-night cruise to nowhere. As snow continued to fall, it delayed many travelers and we waited on late arrivals. Instead of sailing at 5pm, we finally left Boston at 7pm. I don't think anyone showed up for the poolside sailaway party, but I did see a few people making snow "angels" on the open decks.

Never mind the weather, Norwegian Gem is indeed the "It" girl in every sense of the word, especially if that word is food. Eating... again... in Cagney's for dinner--a delicious steak and yummy Bananas Foster for dessert. Before I turn in I'm going to the show, "World Beat," billed as a musical voyage around the world.

Anyone up for a snowball fight? Maybe we'll even make a snowman tomorrow!

No comments: