- New Seaside Theatre: Located poolside on Lido Deck is the Carnival Glory’s new “Seaside Theatre,” a massive 270-square-foot LED screen displaying movies, concerts, sporting events, and other programming, including the popular “Morning Show” hosted by the ship’s cruise director. Utilizing the same technology featured in large stadiums and New York’s Times Square, the state-of-the-art entertainment system includes a 70,000-watt sound system, providing concert quality sound, even outdoors.
- New Balcony Accommodations: During dry dock, 18 new balconies were added to existing Spa Deck accommodations, creating spacious 220-square-foot verandah staterooms. They are conveniently located next to the ship’s 14,500-square-foot “Spa Carnival” facility offering sophisticated exercise equipment, expansive workout facilities and a variety of soothing European-style treatments. With the addition of these newly reconfigured staterooms, nearly 40 percent of the Carnival Glory’s 1,487 cabins now feature private balconies.
- New Adults-Only Retreat: Another popular feature added during the dry dock is Serenity, a two-level adults-only retreat located forward on Sun Deck and Sky Deck. Designed as an oceangoing oasis for relaxation, with decorative latticework and teak-style decking, this area features different styles of seating, including shaded sun loungers and hammocks, a full bar, and two oversized whirlpools.
- Circle “C” Facility for 12- to 14-Year-Olds: A new Circle “C” facility catering to 12- to 14-year-olds has been added as part of the line’s unique offerings for kids. The center features a high-tech sound and lighting system, plasma-screen TVs displaying movies and music videos, a touch-screen jukebox, and gaming pods with the latest video games and consoles.
- Dining Enhancements: A new Mongolian wok option was added to the Carnival Glory’s Red Sail casual restaurant located poolside on Lido Deck. At the new venue, guests can select their favorite meat, sauce, vegetables and other ingredients and watch as a chef creates their custom-designed stir fry dish right before their eyes. Additionally, the Golden dining room, located forward, was reconfigured for Your Time Dining providing guests the option of open seating between 5:45 p.m. and 9:30 p.m. nightly.
- Itineraries: From February to May, Carnival Glory operates seasonal 7-day cruises from Miami, alternating weekly to the eastern and western Caribbean. 7-day eastern Caribbean cruises visit Half Moon Cay, St. Thomas, San Juan and Grand Turk, while the western route features Grand Cayman, Isla Roatan, Belize and Cozumel. The ship will then be deployed to New York where it will offer a series of 4- and 5-day Atlantic Canada voyages from June 6–Sept 6, 2010, followed by a series of 7-day Canada/New England cruises, from Sept 11–Oct 9.
Wednesday, February 17, 2010
Carnival “Fun Ship” Even more “Glory-ous” After Refit
The 2,974-passenger Carnival Glory has resumed Caribbean service from Miami following a multi-million-dollar renovation that added a host of new facilities and features, including bow-to-stern Wi-Fi access and some of the bells-and-whistles passengers have come to enjoy on other “Fun Ships” throughout the fleet. Here’s a look at what's new and glory-ous aboard Carnival Glory.
Posted by Linda Coffman, AKA Cruise Diva