In a first for Celebrity Cruises, the world has been invited to join the premium cruise line as it welcomes Celebrity Silhouette to the stunning Solstice Class of ships. The official naming and ribbon-cutting ceremony will be streamed live on Facebook from Hamburg, Germany on Thursday, July 21 at 11:00 am ET.
Viewers will have a great view of the ceremony by visting Facebook.com/CelebrityCruises and then clicking on the “Livestream” link along the left side of the site (click “more” first if you don’t see the Livestream link right away). The experience will be interactive for online viewers who can post comments to each other throughout the naming. The ceremony will also be broadcast across the Celebrity Cruises fleet so that guests onboard the other nine ships can partake in this exciting event. An archived version of the event will also be available after the ceremony for those who cannot catch it live.
The ceremony will feature Michelle Morgan, the president and CEO of Signature Travel Network, as the Godmother for the new ship. Richard D. Fain, Chairman of Celebrity Cruises and Chairman and CEO of parent company Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd., and Dan Hanrahan, Celebrity Cruises President and CEO, will honor Morgan in an exhilarating evening where the traditional champagne bottle is broken on the hull and Celebrity Silhouette’s finest entertainers will deliver a show-stopping performance.
Celebrity Silhouette, the fourth ship in the Solstice Class fleet, will offer a host of new onboard features and amenities for cruisers to truly capitalize on their vacation time. Some highlights include:
• Lawn Club Grill, the first large-ship outdoor, interactive grill restaurant where guests can grill alongside a Celebrity Cruises chef for a $30 reservation fee.
• The Art Studio, a space within The Lawn Club where guests can participate in intimate, hands-on instruction from experts in drawing, painting and beading, as well as the art of food, with plating, tastings, mixology and other culinary-themed classes.
• The Alcoves, a private retreat overlooking the lawn, ocean and coastlines, featuring eight exclusive, cabana-style settings, each designed for two to four guests.
• A new craft beer focus in Michael’s Club lounge, with a variety of unique brews, bites and snacks to complement them, and flat-screen TVs for viewing sporting events.
• The Hideaway, a high-tech, avant-garde treehouse-like spot for vacationers relaxing with their iPads or perhaps reading a good book within cozy, intimate lounging “nests.”
• The Porch, where guests can enjoy quick, casual breakfast or lunch against a backdrop of views of the lawn and sea for a $5 fee.