In addition, the ship’s Horizon Court buffet will be transformed with fresh new options. Live stations serving regional fare, evening specialty options such as a crab shack and fondue restaurant, expanded seating and a dedicated pastry shop will revolutionize this favorite eatery. These and many other dining options will whet diners’ appetites in the latest Royal Princess preview video below.
“Although Royal Princess will be serving up some spectacular meals in its main dining rooms and specialty restaurants, we know passengers also want great food when they’re looking for a quick bite or a casual option,” said Jan Swartz, Princess Cruises executive vice president. “With these many informal choices, passengers will find the perfect taste, whether it’s pizza, seafood, Mexican, barbeque or even a sweet treat from Gelato.”
Casual dining options aboard Royal Princess include:
• Alfredo’s – Serving up fresh, hand-tossed Neapolitan-style pizzas hot out of the oven, Alfredo’s pizzeria has quickly become a passenger favorite since its debut aboard Grand Princess in 2011. Aboard Royal Princess the sit-down restaurant’s complimentary menu will be expanded to include a variety of Italian antipasti, soup and salads, a hearty calzone and pizza baguette, and delicious baked pastas in addition to desserts. Alfredo’s will offer more spacious seating and an open kitchen where passengers can watch as chefs craft the best pizza at sea.
• Gelato – Just one deck under Alfredo’s, Gelato – a charming new gelateria – offers a variety of creamy Italian-inspired gelato and ice cream creations, bringing Italy that much closer to Royal Princess. Passengers can have their favorite flavors in a delicious waffle cone or ice cream sandwich. Both alcoholic and non-alcoholic sundaes will be available, as well as sweet crespelle with a choice of either nutty banana or spiced Washington Apple filling. Or passengers can indulge in a classic banana split—or a pineapple split for an old favorite with a new twist.
• International Café – A passenger favorite, the International Café will be serving up some new savory and sweet items including cupcakes, pies, and muffins to go with the café’s array of pastries, panini sandwiches, fresh-baked cookies and specialty coffees. In addition, a new variety of hot sandwiches with international flavors debuts, including Cuban sandwiches and Mexican tortas. The space also will have an expanded seating area, making it the perfect area to grab a light meal, meet friends for coffee or enjoy a snack while watching the array of Piazza entertainers.
• Tea Tower – At Royal Princess’ Piazza tea tower, passengers can purchase premium pre-blended tea varieties or blend their own individually tailored teas. Up to 250 tea varieties will be available, and the onboard tea sommelier will host tea tasting and tea flight events.
• Ocean Terrace – The new Ocean Terrace seafood bar will indulge those who love treats from the sea. The bar will offer an array of à la carte ocean treasures, including a flight of oyster shooters, fresh sushi and sashimi, ahi tuna poke, king crab cocktail, chili and lime crab margarita, a royal lobster dish, a chilled seafood sampler, and the world-renowned smoked Balik salmon, the salmon of the tsars.
• Horizon Court and Horizon Bistro – One of Princess’ most popular casual dining options, the Horizon Court will have expanded seating on Royal Princess and new options throughout the day. For early risers on the go, new “Grab & Go” options are available, while healthy breakfast options will offer the fuel passengers need to make the most of a day at sea or ashore. At lunch, a variety of new live stations feature a regional flair, including a rotisserie, Japanese Hibachi Grill and stations featuring Asian, Mexican and Mediterranean fare. For dinner, the Horizon Court will feature themed events such as a German Beer Fest and a Gaucho Barbecue feast. A new “Crab Shack” comes complete with crackers, bibs and buckets, and “Fondues” serves a menu with three different cheese fondues: classic Swiss with white wine, German cheese fondue with beer, and a French cheese fondue with champagne. Also in the Horizon Court, the largest pastry shop at sea serves up croissants & pastries during breakfast time, warm desserts & French Patisserie at lunch, as well as cakes, Flambes, tarts and a Croquembouche in the evening.
• Trident Grill – In addition to the hot dogs, hamburgers and chicken sandwiches passengers love at the Trident Grill, aboard Royal Princess this poolside spot will transform into a traditional smokehouse-style barbecue each evening, serving up on a rotational basis hearty plates of jumbo chicken wings, Route 66 beef chili and Texas-style barbecue brisket.
• Outrigger Bar – This top-deck bar celebrates throughout the day and includes a Margarita Bar starting a lunch time, accompanied by made-to-order burritos, fresh tortilla chips with guacamole and Mexican salsa to keep the fiesta going into the night.
The 3,600-passenger Royal Princess is a new-generation ship for Princess Cruises. Among the special features found on board will be a greatly expanded atrium, the social hub of the ship; a dramatic over-water SeaWalk, a top-deck glass-bottomed walkway extending more than 28 feet beyond the edge of the vessel; plush private poolside cabanas that appear to be floating on the water; the new Princess Live! television studio; a pastry shop; a special Chef’s Table Lumiere, a private dining experience that surrounds diners in a curtain of light; and balconies on all outside staterooms. The ship’s 2013 maiden season will include cruises on the line’s signature Grand Mediterranean itinerary throughout the summer, followed by Eastern Caribbean cruises beginning in the fall.
Find more Royal Princess details, images, and videos on Cruise Diva's blog at:
• Princess Cruises Newest Ship Will Be A Royal
• Royal Princess: Expanded Atrium, New Features
• Royal Princess Introduces Updated Amenities and A New Balcony Stateroom Category
• Royal Princess: Expanded Atrium, New Features
• Princess Cruises Raises the Curtain on New Royal Princess Entertainment Venue
• The Ultimate In Relaxation Coming Aboard Royal Princess
• Princess Cruises Shares A Look At New Royal Princess Fitness Facilities
• Princess Cruises Takes Dining To The Next Level With New Royal Princess
• Princess Cruises Unveils Posh Royal Princess Sanctuary & Retreat Pool With New Features
• Junior Cruisers Have A Lot to Look forward to In New Royal Princess Youth & Teen Centers
• Things You Might Not Know About Royal Princess
Video Courtesy of Princess Cruises