Each comment will enter you in our Princess Cruises Relaxation Pack giveaway. Enter as often as you like. The contest will last through Monday, September 16, at which time all entries will go into a hat and the winner will be chosen at random. The more you comment, the better your chance of winning. The Princess Cruises Relaxation Pack (pictured above) is chock full of relaxation-inducing goodies, including: embroidered bath robe, bath slippers, body wash, body lotion, sugar scrub, candle, and more!
Before we begin relaxing, there are a few bits of busywork to mention. Comments should not be "anonymous" – your comment will only be considered an entry if you use your name or a screen name by which you can easily be identified. The winner will be announced here and on Facebook and Twitter on September 18. At that time, the winner will have to contact me by email with their name and address to claim their prize. Easy!
Relaxation Survey Results
· Silence or Sensory Delight? – More than a third of respondents consider themselves as "sensory relaxers," who like to recharge by soaking up the sights and sounds of events and activities around them, such as sporting events, movies or beautiful sunrises and sunsets. Whereas, another third of respondents consider themselves as "silent relaxers," who prefer quiet spaces, ceased conversations, and losing themselves in books or the soothing sounds of nature.
· Tried and True or New? – More than half (64%) of respondents prefer somewhere new when choosing a relaxing vacation, compared to only a third (36%) who prefer a tried and true destination.
· Relaxation Setting? – The most popular type of scenery found to be most relaxing when on vacation is ocean and waves (59%). Mountain scenery came in second (20%), followed by sunrises and sunsets (17%).
· Play it by Ear? – Respondents were evenly split when asked if pre-planning every vacation activity (52%) or being completely spontaneous (48%) produced a more relaxing experience when planning a vacation.Looking for vacation inspiration or just want to escape from work for a minute? Check out this Princess Cruises Relaxation Minute video for a momentary relax-cation! Then leave your comment below to enter the Relaxation Package Giveawy.
· To Cook or Clean? – More than two-thirds (67%) of respondents agreed that having someone else cook for them was the most relaxing way to enjoy a meal on vacation.
To learn more about Princess Cruises, visit their web site and follow them on Facebook and Twitter.
*Survey findings are based on an online poll among 1,000 U.S. adults ages 18 and up,
conducted July 29 – July 31, 2013, by ORC International.