The multimillion dollar makeover brings many of the interior design elements from the award-winning Marina and Riviera ships to Insignia, Nautica, and Regatta while maintaining the warmth, intimacy and charm Oceania Cruises’ guests appreciate in the 684-passenger ships. In addition to elegant new furnishings and décor for all public rooms, suites, and staterooms, Insignia added several new guest experiences, including the ever-popular Baristas coffee bar, a cook-to-order grill at Terrace Café, and new outdoor recreation on the Sports Deck.
“This is a milestone moment for Oceania Cruises. Not only did we welcome home a family member with Insignia rejoining the fleet, but she comes out of dry dock essentially a new ship, reflecting an even higher level of elegance and design,” said Kunal S. Kamlani, president of Oceania Cruises. “By adding features our guests adore from Marina and Riviera to Insignia, Nautica, and Regatta, it further enhances the upscale cruise experience and exceptional value for which Oceania Cruises is known throughout the industry.”
Notable Enhancements Include:
• Suites & Staterooms: There are significant updates to the Owner’s and Vista Suites with an all-new bathroom design that is elegant, yet contemporary in nature. The bathroom features wall-to- wall marble with a decorative inlay centerpiece, along with an expansive granite vanity that sits opposite an inviting oversized shower. The Penthouse Suites received all-new furnishings, rich upholstery, and a vibrant, yet calming palette that reflects the sea, sun, and sky. All staterooms were appointed with new décor elements featuring a refreshing sense of style and elegance.
• Terrace Café: The main casual dining option on board the ship is brand new from top to bottom. A resplendent collection of new furnishings, floorings, fixtures, and lighting accompanies the stunning floor-to-ceiling window views. The pièce de résistance is the cook-to-order grill featuring delicacies such as steaks, chops, and lobster tail.
• Baristas: The popular coffee bar where master baristas prepare complimentary illy brand espressos and cappuccinos throughout the day now makes its debut on Insignia. Baristas is the perfect location to relax with a beverage in one of the comfortable lounge chairs or sofas and is centrally located on deck 5, near the Grand Dining Room.
• Upper Decks: The Sports Deck, located atop the ship, received a new miniature golf course and shuffleboard courts, along with other deck games. The main pool area, ringed with luxurious sun beds, shimmers with blue and white mosaics, beautifully contrasted with rich teak decking.
• Relaxation & Enrichment: The Canyon Ranch SpaClub exudes a sense of tranquility with new décor elements including a flowing mosaic display. Inside the spa, guests will enjoy peaceful steam rooms with beautiful new tile mosaics, along with renovated changing areas.
• The all-new Artist Loft is tucked inside Horizons Bar, providing a variety of enrichment programs for guests to enjoy.
• Lounges: All of the ship’s main lounges are refreshed and refurbished. Horizons bar features a new color palette of soothing sea blues, cocoa brown and mint, complemented by new sofa, chair and table furnishings. Martinis maintains its classic ambiance with all-new furnishings. The Insignia Lounge was completely refurbished with new carpeting and chairs, along with luxurious new fabrics and upholsteries.
Images Courtesy of Oceania Cruises