Designed to provide guests with intriguing new itinerary choices that feature less traveled, more exotic ports of call, Carnival Journeys have been specifically designed for guests who are looking for a longer cruise vacation that will provide the opportunity to visit a wide variety of great destinations and more time to fully enjoy all of the features on a selection of the line's newest and most innovative ships. Unique shipboard experiences created especially for this one-of-a-kind cruise program will highlight itineraries featuring ports of call throughout the Caribbean, Central America, Hawaii, and Mexico. Set to debut with an 11-day cruise aboard Carnival Dream from New Orleans to San Juan departing on Oct. 4, 2015, Carnival Journeys cruises will also include fun and interesting shipboard activities to provide a special Carnival vacation experience.
"We have received a tremendous amount of feedback from our guests and travel agent partners about the importance of consistently offering new Carnival cruise experiences," said Christine Duffy, Carnival's president. "Carnival Journeys was created to offer our existing customers even more options while helping us to attract those guests who have not had the opportunity to sail with Carnival and may be enticed by these longer, more exotic itineraries.," she added.
The Carnival Journeys program will run through Nov. 27, 2016, encompassing 28 departures from eight North American homeports including Los Angeles, Galveston, New Orleans, Miami, Port Canaveral, New York, Baltimore, and San Juan. Cruises will operate either round-trip from these homeports or one-way between these ports and San Juan. The itineraries are unique and not available on any other cruise line. On Carnival Journeys, guests can experience and explore nearly 40 different tropical destinations, including less visited ports like Tobago, Grenada, La Paz, Martinique, Bonaire and Ixtapa, each home to diverse cultures, centuries-old landmarks and historical structures, and unforgettable natural attractions.
Carnival Journeys participants can also enjoy shipboard experiences that will be tailored to each itinerary in the areas of dining, entertainment, team member connections, and enrichment, all infused with the line’s spirited brand of fun. These experiences will include:
• Authentic Eats: Partnering with local restaurants and chefs, Carnival Journeys participants can enjoy on-board cooking demonstrations where these culinary artists will recreate their signature dishes and traditional cuisines from their country. Participants will also have an opportunity to dine at the chef’s restaurant ashore for a nominal fee and accompany the chef on visits to local markets for regional specialties.Available now for booking, a detailed listing of all 28 Carnival Journeys sailings is found at carnival.com/journeys. Additional Carnival Journeys sailings will be announced in the near future.
• “Local”-tainment: From calypso, soca, and Goombay to colorful folkloric entertainment, Carnival Journeys participants will get an up close and personal look at their destination through local entertainment performances taking place outside the ship or on board.
• Academy of Fun: Through these enrichment sessions, Carnival’s shipboard experts will instruct guests in topics ranging from cooking and arts and crafts to digital photography and social media, even celestial navigation. All of these activities will be performed with the fun and entertaining style that only Carnival can provide.
• Throwback Sea Day: Carnival will set the “way back machine” to 1987 and recreate a fun day at sea with retro pool and deck games, old school dining options like Baked Alaska and the gala midnight buffet, a white glove Captain’s Celebration, popular movies from that era, a circa 1987 version of the Carnival Capers shipboard newsletter, and more.
• Shipboard Team Member Connections: Carnival Journeys participants can learn more about shipboard life through informative question and answer sessions hosted by the ship’s captain, cruise director, hotel director, and others, held at different times throughout the voyage and providing an opportunity to engage and interact with the Carnival team in a fun and casual setting. There will also be an unforgettable show performed by the ship’s crew during the voyage.
Image © CruiseDiva.com