Majestic Princess will depart April 4, 2017, on her inaugural voyage, a 5-day Adriatic Sea cruise roundtrip from Rome with stops in Kotor and Corfu. Following her maiden cruise, Majestic Princess will tour Europe, offering guests a chance to experience the ship on 7, 14, 21, and 28 day cruises departing from Rome, Barcelona, or Athens. A repositioning voyage will depart Barcelona on May 14, 2017, visiting Dubai and Singapore before arriving in Shanghai, her new home. Majestic Princess will begin her first cruise from its homeport in Shanghai on July 11, 2017, carrying 3,560 guests to a variety of destinations in Japan and Korea.
“Over the past 50 years, we have developed a mastery of global travel, delivering a truly international cruise vacation experience to our guests,” said Jan Swartz, Princess Cruises president. “With the debut of Majestic Princess, first in Europe and then in China, we invite guests to indulge in a world-class experience that allows them to completely relax, unwind, and ultimately ‘come back new.’”
Majestic Princess, a sister cruise ship to Regal Princess and Royal Princess, will offer its guests a variety of features and experiences, including:
Global Cuisine - Exceptional culinary offerings are a pillar of the Princess guest experience, designed and executed by masterfully trained chefs from France, Italy, the United States, Australia, China and Japan, among others. They create memorable dining experiences inspired by the more than 360 exotic ports of call visited by the line annually.
Popular culinary offerings from sister ships Royal Princess and Regal Princess will be aboard Majestic Princess including:
• The exclusive Chef’s Table Lumiere, a unique and engaging dining experience personally hosted by our Princess Executive Chef which includes a private galley tour and a multicourse dinner served at a grand custom-designed table where guests are surrounded by a glimmering curtain of light.Two new specialty restaurants will be introduced on board Majestic Princess. They are:
• The award-winning Crown Grill & Bar, an American steakhouse, preparing top-quality cuts of beef, chops and seafood in an open-kitchen served in a classically elegant restaurant setting.
• Alfredo’s, named after Princess Cruises’ award-winning Master Chef Alfredo Marzi, offers a selection of classic Italian and signature Neapolitan-style pizzas, along with baked pasta dishes and specialty appetizers and desserts.
• Harmony, created in partnership with Chef Richard Chen, formerly of Wynn Las Vegas “Wing Lei,” will feature haute Chinese cuisine paired with pristine ocean views and modern décor, serving Chef Chen’s interpretation of classic Cantonese dishes.To top it off, there will also be a wide selection of all-day gastronomy in the World Fresh Marketplace (Horizon Court buffet on other ships), where guests can taste flavors from diverse food stations around the world ranging from Mediterranean dishes, a pasta specialty counter, colorful farmer's market salads and fresh fruits, and a new "East Meets West” street food specialty counter. The Bakery inside the World Fresh Marketplace will serve Western, European, and Asian pastries and Danishes.
• Le Bistrot, located in the atrium, offers casual French home-style dining with a modern twist. Hearkening back to an authentic Parisian bistrot, guests will enjoy traditional Escargots Casseroles, Braised Ox Tongue and Mushroom Ragout, along with baguettes, tartines, tourtes, and French Patisseries.
Modern & Stylish Cruise Ship Design - Influenced by fashion, art, and history, the interior designs of Majestic Princess present a stylish visual experience representative of traveling the world. Designs use metal, glass and inlaid wood through-out. European marble, mosaic tile floors, polished woods and sumptuous fabrics are featured on board the ship. Plush custom-designed carpets in the guest corridors feature floral motifs that represent an Asian-inspired beauty and grace. Hand tufted area rugs also mirror floral motifs located at the entrances to the main dining rooms.
Modern & Stylish Stateroom Design - More than 80 percent of Majestic Princess' staterooms include a private balcony. All staterooms feature the new Princess Luxury bed, featuring a custom-made mattress developed by Dr. Michael Breus, a board-certified sleep expert. The bed also includes luxury linens designed by Candice Olson, the Canadian design-star of hit HGTV shows.
World-Class Entertainment - The first two shows to be seen on Majestic Princess will be “Fiera” and “Fantastic Journey” both have been met with acclaim by international audiences across the Princess fleet. These musical shows feature a world-class cast of singers and dancers along with some of the most elaborate production numbers, costumes, and advanced multimedia stage technology ever produced at sea. It also features Movies Under the Stars on the largest outdoor screen at sea, as well as Water Color Fantasy, presenting a dazzling water and light show at sea.
Onboard Experience - Majestic Princess, guests will also experience the signature SeaWalk, the glass floor walkway at sea, and SeaView Bar featuring “flair” bar tending. The Piazza Atrium, the central focal point of the ship features live entertainment throughout the day and evening. It is surrounded by The Shops of Princess, nearly 1,100 square meters of luxury boutiques which include designer brand shops from Cartier, Bvlgari, and Chopard, leather goods from Burberry and Gucci, along with watches by these luxury brands as well as Montblanc, Longines, Rado, and Tissot to name a few.
Image Courtesy Princess Cruises