The new spaces will be added during a three-week dry dock taking place Sept. 4-25, 2016. Following the makeover, Carnival Imagination will resume its year-round schedule of 3- and 4-day Baja cruises from Long Beach, California. The new additions will include:
• Guy’s Burger Joint, a free-of-charge poolside venue serving hand-crafted burgers and fresh-cut fries served amidst a décor that celebrates the California roots and love of car culture of Carnival’s partner-chef Guy FieriThese new venues complement the ship’s popular array of on-board features that live up to the line’s motto of “Fun for All, All for Fun,” including a WaterWorks aqua park with a 300-foot-long Twister slide (pictured above), the Serenity adults-only retreat with oversized umbrellas and comfortable chaise lounges, and the exclusive Seuss at Sea program in partnership with Dr. Seuss Enterprises.
• BlueIguana Cantina, a complimentary poolside Mexican eatery where guests can enjoy freshly made burritos and tacos on homemade tortillas, as well as an elaborate toppings and salsa bar
• RedFrog Rum Bar, a poolside watering hole offering the quintessential Caribbean vacation vibe with refreshing Caribbean rum-based frozen drinks and beers, including Carnival’s own private label draught brew, ThirstyFrog Red
• Alchemy Bar, a “cocktail pharmacy”-themed lounge where mixologists “prescribe” concoctions from different elixirs and ingredients with creative monikers like Forty is the New Twenty and The Restorative Basil Drop
• BlueIguana Tequila Bar, a fun and festive outdoor bar offering a laid-back Mexican-themed atmosphere and tequila-based frozen drinks and beers, perfect for chillin’ by the pool
• Cherry On Top, the “sweetest spot on board” which celebrates the joys of simple indulgences with bins of bulk candy, fun fanciful gifts and novelties, custom apparel, and more.
“Carnival Imagination provides a convenient, value-packed West Coast cruise option and with these new enhancements we’re making this fantastic ship even better,” said Christine Duffy, president of Carnival Cruise Line. “With three year-round cruise ships sailing from Long Beach, Carnival is the number one cruise line in Southern California and the investment we’re making to enhance the Carnival Imagination further bolsters our leadership position in this important market,” she added.
Carnival Imagination operates year-round 3- and 4-day Baja cruises from Long Beach. On this route, 3-day cruises depart Thursdays and visit Ensenada while 4-day voyages depart Sundays and call at Ensenada and Catalina Island. Carnival is the only cruise line to operate three ships year-round from the West Coast. In addition to Carnival Imagination, Carnival Inspiration operates 3- and 4-day Baja cruises and Carnival Miracle offers week-long Mexican Riviera voyages. Together these three ships carry more than 550,000 guests from Long Beach, the most of any cruise operator.
Photo © Linda Coffman, CruiseDiva.com