|Watermelon Sweet Thai Salad|
With more than five-dozen dishes included in the 14 new menus, bon vivants will enjoy spending a relaxing evening in the Terrace Café, sharing small plates, toasting the day’s memories, engaging in sparkling conversation and sharing the breathtaking vistas all around. The Tapas dishes are available every evening of the cruise, in addition to the Terrace Café’s amazing assortment of starters, soups, salads, main courses, carving station, and desserts.
“Cuisine and the overall dining experience are such integral parts of the Oceania Cruises’ culture and the fabric of the destinations we visit. We are always looking to provide our guests with unexpected moments of surprise and delight,” stated Bob Binder, president and chief executive office of Oceania Cruises.
|Crostini with Bresaola|
“The Boqueria market in Barcelona is one of my favorite markets in the world. Whenever I am in town I can spend several hours just walking the stalls and taking in all the scents, colors and flavors. Then I head to my favorite tapas restaurant, Papitu, where I found inspiration in this traditional aspect of Spanish culture which is always made better when shared with friends and family,” added Chef Alban.
Select Tapas Menu Highlights
- Crostini with bresaola (a very lean Italian air-cured beef aged up to 3 months), gorgonzola and fig compoteInformal and carefree, the Terrace Café is wonderfully inviting any time of day. First thing in the morning, the room is infused with natural sunlight from the floor-to-ceiling windows, stimulating the appetite for the breakfast selections. Come lunch, the expansive menu of international-inspired dishes changes entirely, complemented by flavorful roasted and rotisserie meats and the magic of the pizzeria’s oven. Feel free to dine inside or alfresco at one of the shaded teak tables on the terrace. In the evening, the wait staff shines, and the cuisine takes on a more sophisticated flair. Lobster tails and lamb chops are prepared to order, and freshly made hand-cut sushi and sashimi await selection. An entirely different series of menus awaits guests every day.
- Fresh caramelized shrimp with onions and spicy chili sauce presented in a tasting spoon
- Vegetarian summer rolls with fresh herbs, tofu, rice noodles and a tamarind and peanut sauce
- Watermelon sweet Thai salad with cashews, fresh herbs, cucumber and sweet chili
- Heirloom cherry tomato salad with Greek caper leaves
- Molten cheese soufflé with chive velouté
- Porcini and forest mushroom timbale with crema di grana padano
- Homemade vegetarian samosas with raita sauce
Images Courtesy Oceania Cruises