All that changed in 1999 when Westin started a bedding revolution in hotels with the introduction of their Heavenly Bed. Cruise lines have joined the trend and Norwegian Cruise Line has embraced the concept with upgraded mattresses, memory foam mattress toppers, silky-soft linens, and cushy duvets and pillows in all staterooms. But book a suite or villa and prepare to sink into the luxe comfort of NCL's Bliss Collection. You'll find your bed has a comfy pillow-top mattress, down comforter, high-end linens, and a pillow menu with six choices. Test out a different pillow every day of your cruise:
- Standard Feather: Plump, cozy, and filled with premium goose-down
- Overfilled Firm: "Just right" for side sleepers who want ultra support
- Climarelle: Stay cool with a super-scientific-body-temperature-regulating-pillow (perfect for those nights when we ladies experience our own personal summer)
- Ultra Foam Deluxe Memory: The super soft contoured memory pillow that eliminates stiff neck and shoulders
- Reading Wedge: A pure cotton pillow for relaxing, reading, or watching television in bed
- Hypo-Allergenic: No feathers, no fibers, no dust means no congestion or sneezing
It's always amusing to see passengers (usually youngsters, but sometimes adults) cuddling their own personal pillows as they embark, but now you can leave them at home and choose from the options afforded on board. If you aren't in a suite or villa, don't be concerned--you'll find really nice pillows on your bed as well, and if you need an extra one, just ask your steward.