Many of the ship's enhancements are slated to become staples across the Princess fleet following their debut on Princess' newest ship. Among the new features being introduced on Ruby Princess:
- Wheelhouse Bar Pub Lunch - On sea days, Ruby Princess' Wheelhouse Bar will be transformed into an authentic English-style pub, serving a selection of traditional fare.
- Sabatini's Breakfast for Suite Passengers - Suite passengers aboard Ruby Princess will have the opportunity to enjoy an exclusive breakfast in Sabatini's.
- Artisan Cheeses at Vines - In addition to serving more than 30 wines by the glass and seafood appetizers that have made Vines a passenger favorite, the atrium-area bar on Ruby Princess will now feature a selection of domestic and imported artisan cheeses.
- New Enrichment Programs - A number of new ScholarShip@Sea enrichment programs debut aboard Ruby Princess to expand passengers' horizons, whether they aspire to host the perfect party or increase their maritime knowledge.
- Two New Production Shows - Ruby Princess audiences will be able to enjoy two new Princess-produced shows in the ship's theater. "Broadway Ballroom" presents the music of the 'Great White Way' and "Once Upon a Dream" uses unique multidimensional cinematic projection to follow a dreamscape unlike anything seen a sea.
- The Audience Gets in the Act - A variety of new audience-participation events will also debut on the ship, giving passengers a number of ways to seek their 15 minutes of fame.
- A Few Fine Touches - A number of new service touches will be introduced to delight passengers.
- Kid Stuff - Young passengers can enjoy a new Wizards Academy, an exclusive presentation from the award-winning California Science Center, as well as activities and projects from popular arts and crafts company Klutz.
- Wireless Internet and Cell Phones - Expanding on Princess' Internet and phone connectivity, Ruby Princess will offer laptop users additional wireless hot spots around the vessel, including staterooms.
- Ultimate Ship Tour - A new exclusive opportunity to experience an array of "back of house" areas that are key to a ship's daily operations, the Ultimate Ship Tour will give passengers the unique opportunity to explore beyond the public areas with visits to the ship's engine control room, medical center, print shop, laundry, photo lab, funnel, bridge and other spaces.
For more details regarding the new features about to set sail aboard Ruby Princess, go to CruiseDiva.com's Cruise News.
And, here's a heads-up! Mark your calendar to follow along when Cruise Diva blogs from the Inaugural sailing Nov 6-8, 2008.