For convenience, gratuities are automatically charged to your onboard account. Broken down, this is how the $11.50 is distributed:
• $3.70 Per Day Stateroom ServicesUnchanged, fifteen percent of the bill total for beverage services is automatically added to the Sail and Sign charge. Room Service staff may be tipped as service is rendered.
• $5.80 Per Day Dining Room Services
• $2.00 Per Day Alternative Services: for kitchen, entertainment, guest services, and other hotel staff members.
While Carnival assures us that their staff is totally committed to exceed your expectations in every way possible, if you are not satisfied with the service you receive, they encourage you to contact the Guest Services desk while onboard. This will allow them to address your concerns in a timely and appropriate fashion. At your discretion, you may adjust the gratuities at any time while onboard. Gratuities will be deemed undisputed unless a request to modify is received prior to disembarking the ship.
• Gratuities do not apply to guests less than 2 years of age.
• Guests who have previously pre-paid gratuities on sailings that depart after Dec 1st will not be assessed the additional gratuity.
• For Cruises-To-Nowhere, gratuities of $11.50 per guest, per day must be pre-paid.
• All gratuities are pre-paid and automatically added during the booking process for Barbados itineraries.
Image Courtesy of Carnival Cruise Lines