|Rhapsody of the Seas in Alaska|
Newly rejuvenated with a bow-to-stern transformation, Rhapsody of the Seas promises to deliver a host of new dining options, visually stunning entertainment, and unique amenities. Guests will have the opportunity to enjoy all of Rhapsody of the Seas' new signature features as they sail in Alaska this summer or Australia in the fall.
The all-encompassing revitalization introduces a range of guest features and premium experiences that are sure to impress even the most experienced cruiser, including the Royal Babies and Tots Nursery designed for the cruise line's youngest guests, 6 - 36 months old, a Diamond Lounge for Crown and Anchor Society loyalty members, a Concierge Lounge for suite guests and top-tier loyalty guests, and completely refreshed staterooms. Also new, staying connected at sea will be easier with Wi-Fi availability throughout the ship. A host of other technological enhancements include flat-panel televisions in all staterooms, an outdoor LED movie screen on the pool deck, as well as a digital way-finding system.
For guests who want to tickle their taste buds, Rhapsody of the Seas has an expanded array of dining options with the addition of five of the fleet's most highly acclaimed dining concepts: Giovanni's Table, Izumi Asian Cuisine restaurant, Park Cafe deli-style restaurant, Chop's Grille steakhouse, and the exclusive 14-guest Chef's Table (priced below).
• Giovanni's Table: An Italian trattoria featuring Italian classics served family-style (open for lunch, $15, and dinner, $20)For entertaining experiences, the reinvented Centrum offers enriching daytime activities and a new high-flying entertainment performance where aerialists glide through the five-story atrium visible from the 60's inspired R Bar below. R Bar is a new bar concept first introduced on board Splendour of the Seas. The Viking Crown Lounge has also been newly re-imagined and sports a new design concept as well as a new menu featuring bite size goodies.
• Izumi Asian Cuisine: Featuring tempting flavors and a sushi bar with hot-rock cooking, the pan Asian cuisine restaurant is a no-hassle, authentic dining experience (open for lunch and dinner, $3.00 cover charge for lunch and $5.00 for dinner plus a la carte menu pricing)
• Park Cafe: An indoor/outdoor gourmet market featuring salads, sandwiches, soups, and pastries (open for breakfast, lunch, and dinner, complimentary)
• Chops Grille: Royal Caribbean's signature steakhouse offering premium cuts and quality meats (open for dinner, $30 per person)
• Chef's Table: An exclusive and private experience co-hosted by the executive Chef and Sommelier for a wine pairing dinner of five courses (open for dinner, $95 per person).
From her Singapore dry dock, Rhapsody of the Seas first voyages to Sydney, Australia, and from there she will sail across the Pacific via Hawaii to her Alaska season that begins in May. In Alaska, Rhapsody of the Seas sails every Friday on 7-night, round-trip cruises from Seattle, calling at Juneau and Skagway, Alaska, and Victoria, BC as well as transiting Alaska's Inside Passage and venturing up Tracy Arm Fjord to Sawyer Glacier.
Image Courtesy of Royal Caribbean International