Also known as “New York’s Ship” for its New York-inspired amenities and features, Norwegian Breakaway will arrive in Rotterdam, The Netherlands, on April 26 for the start of her European inaugural events when she will be showcased to Continental European travel partners on a two day cruise. On April 29, travel partners in the UK will be invited onboard for a one-night preview. The ship will depart Southampton on April 30 and embark on her maiden voyage, a 7-day transatlantic crossing to New York City. Vacationers looking to set sail on a once-in-a-lifetime cruise and to be the first to experience the ship first-hand, can still book a stateroom on the transatlantic sailing.
Inaugural events will culminate with the ship’s spectacular christening in New York City – Norwegian Breakaway’s year-round homeport – on May 8 followed by a two-night exclusive inaugural cruise. One of New York’s most illustrious and beloved icons, The Rockettes, are set to serve as the ship’s Godmothers. During a second preview sailing over Mother’s Day weekend, May 10 through 12, the ship will host New York-area mothers affected by Hurricane Sandy as part of the line’s participation in the special holiday giveaway episode of Katie Couric’s talk show, Katie.
Norwegian Breakaway will begin her weekly summer 7-day cruises to Bermuda on Sunday, May 12 with a special guest onboard, the line’s Chief Executive Officer Kevin Sheehan. As part of their role as Godmothers, two Rockettes will sail aboard the first six sailings of Norwegian Breakaway, beginning May 12, and the first sailing of each month thereafter, taking part in special events for guests to enjoy. Beginning in October, New York’s ship will offer voyages from the heart of Manhattan to the Bahamas & Florida and the Southern Caribbean.
For more information on the incredible features and accommodations on Norwegian Breakaway, visit Norwegian Cruise Line’s Norwegian Breakaway micro-site and these links on the Cruise Diva Blog:
· Norwegian Cruise Line Begins “Project Breakaway” Reveal
· Norwegian Cruise Line Introduces “The Haven”
· “The Haven” by Norwegian: Posh Accommodations For Project Breakaway
· Norwegian Breaks Out More Project Breakaway Accommodations
· Innovative Spaces Planned For Norwegian’s Norwegian Breakaway
· Norwegian Breakaway Is Set To Be A Teen-Pleaser
· Dining and Entertainment Options for Norwegian Breakaway
· Norwegian Breakaway’s Hull Artwork Unveiled
· NYC’s Iconic Rockettes Named As Norwegian Breakaway Godmothers
· Norwegian Breakaway to Feature Cutting-Edge Spa & Fitness Experiences
· Norwegian Breakaway to Put NYC on Ice
· Norwegian Breakaway will Light Up the Night with Fireworks Shows
· Norwegian Breakaway Gets A New “Boss”
Image Courtesy of Norwegian Cruise Line