Following the successful introduction of the first-ever ice bar at sea on board Norwegian Epic, Norwegian Breakaway will also have a unique artic-like frozen chamber, guaranteed to give guests the ultimate chill. The bar, seating, and even the glasses will all be made entirely from ice. Located on deck eight, the Ice Bar will accommodate approximately 25 guests at a time who will be given hooded coats and gloves to keep warm, since the room’s temperature will not rise above 17 degrees Fahrenheit.
Entrance to the Ice Bar can be reserved from 5:30pm-10:30pm nightly at a nominal cover charge that includes two signature cocktails. The Ice Bar will feature six New York City-inspired specialty drinks including:
· Spiked Apple Juice: Vodka, sour apple schnapps, melon liqueur and a splash of fresh lemon sour;The Ice Bar will also serve two non-alcoholic beverages—the Lady Liberty, made of strawberry puree, pineapple juice and lemon juice, and the Coney Island, with orange juice, vanilla ice cream and milk. All drinks are served in specially-created glasses made entirely of ice.
· Broadway Dreams: Vodka and ice wine chilled straight;
· Yellow Cab: Vodka, peach schnapps and orange juice;
· Times Square Lights: Citron vodka, blue curacao and fresh lemon sour;
· Central Park: Citron vodka, ice wine, and lemon/lime soda;
· Rock Center: Ice wine, vodka, blue curacao and club soda.
The 4,000 passenger Norwegian Breakaway will arrive in her year-round homeport of New York City in early May 2013. The ship will begin weekly summer 7-day cruises to Bermuda on Sunday, May 12, 2013. From October 2013 through April 2014, New York’s ship will offer voyages from the heart of Manhattan to the Bahamas and Florida, as well as the Southern Caribbean.
For more information on the incredible features and accommodations on Norwegian Breakaway, visit Norwegian Cruise Line’s Norwegian Breakaway micro-site and these links on the Cruise Diva Blog:
· Norwegian Cruise Line Begins “Project Breakaway” Reveal
· Norwegian Cruise Line Introduces “The Haven”
· “The Haven” by Norwegian: Posh Accommodations For Project Breakaway
· Norwegian Breaks Out More Project Breakaway Accommodations
· Innovative Spaces Planned For Norwegian’s Norwegian Breakaway
· Norwegian Breakaway Is Set To Be A Teen-Pleaser
· Dining and Entertainment Options for Norwegian Breakaway
· Norwegian Breakaway’s Hull Artwork Unveiled
· NYC’s Iconic Rockettes Named As Norwegian Breakaway Godmothers
Image Courtesy of Norwegian Cruise Line