Complimentary tours on Mississippi River cruises include:
• Battle of Vicksburg Tour – Vicksburg, MS: Guests will tour the Vicksburg National Military Park and discover the site of one of the Civil War’s most legendary battles –The Siege of Vicksburg.Complimentary tours on Columbia and Snake River cruises include:
• Oak Alley Plantation Tour – Oak Alley, LA: Guests will sip delicious Mint Juleps as they enjoy an educational tour by guides in period clothing, and a walk through the quarter mile canopy of 300 year old live oak trees.
• Mark Twain Boyhood Home & Museum – Hannibal, MO: Guests will enjoy a trolley tour of this historic town and discover the inspiration behind Mark Twain’s writing, while reliving their favorite scenes from Tom Sawyer and Huckleberry Finn.
• Mount St. Helens Tour – Rainier, WA: A scenic bus ride takes guests to the Mount St. Helens Johnston Ridge Observatory. The observatory sits on a bluff overlooking the crater and offers views of Mount St. Helens' lava dome, pumice plain and landslide deposit.On each 8-day Columbia and Snake River and Mississippi River itinerary, guests enjoy views of a diverse landscape and extended visits to unique ports along the way. Onboard, they find numerous and distinct amenities, including personalized service and spacious staterooms. They also experience American Cruise Lines’ open-seating dining plan, which allows guests to dine in a single seating at the time of their choice, while surrounded by panoramic views of the river. Enriching educational events and themed entertainment are offered daily and help paint a picture of what life on American rivers was like in days gone by. Additionally, for a limited time, a complimentary pre-night hotel stay will also be offered on bookings made throughout Wave Season. To learn more, visit American Cruise Lines.
• Columbia Gorge Discover Center – The Dalles, OR: Guests enjoy a sprawling interactive museum with exhibits and collections of local cultural history. The exhibits focus on the volcanic upheaval and raging floods that created the Gorge, the unique horticulture and wildlife of the region, and eleven thousand years of history.
• Winery Tour – Richland, WA: Known as "The Heart of Washington Wine Country," the Tri-Cities region houses more than 160 wineries within a 50 mile radius. Sample award-winning wines and enjoy breathtaking views of beautiful vineyards on this narrated winery tour.
Image Courtesy of American Cruise Lines