Onboard promotions and activities will include fun, playful sun care-related messaging and will include the following components:
• Sun-Lovers’ Trivia—Fun messages on the Seaside Theatre poolside LED screens on sea days, as well as Ocean Potion samples available at nearby towel huts.Four Carnival ships will participate in the initial promotion: Carnival Breeze from Miami; Carnival Liberty from Miami and Port Canaveral; Carnival Sunshine from New Orleans and Port Canaveral; and Carnival Triumph from Galveston. The promotion will kick off aboard Carnival Breeze January 12, 2014. Guests will try Ocean Potion at onboard sampling stations via gallon pump containers and more than 90,000 individual samples of Ocean Potion will be distributed on the four Carnival ships.
• Carnival entertainment staff will engage with guests as they are enjoying “Your Fun Moments in the Sun,” with photos showcased on the Seaside Theater screen leading up to the Ocean Potion-sponsored deck activity, the “Don’t Fry. Reapply!” sunscreen break.
• A fun and engaging entertainment activity at select ports that will build on Ocean Potion’s legacy of sandcastle-building beach events which are designed as fun for the whole family.
• Guest giveaways, including co-branded T-shirts, carry-alls, and can “koozies.”
• Samples of Ocean Potion’s popular SPF 30 general protection sunscreen will be distributed to guests as they head into port as well as at Carnival outdoor decks via towel huts at the main pool areas—the most relevant spaces—since the sun’s rays are amplified by water, making superior sun protection all the more important.
Since its creation, the Ocean Potion line has pioneered ingredient innovation and new product innovations will be announced in 2014. In a happy bit of synchronicity for a product that is taking to the seas, sea botanicals are key Ocean Potion ingredients, as are antioxidants that replenish skin depleted by a day in the sun. Ocean Potion products incorporate broad-spectrum UVA/UVB protection, from SPF 15 to 70. Non-greasy, rapidly absorbed, and with a great orange-cream fragrance, Ocean Potion is fortified with Vitamin D3—indispensable for skin health and a youthful appearance. The skin, the body’s largest organ, is the last organ to absorb Vitamin D from food or supplements. Applied topically, however, Vitamin D3 delivers benefits directly to the skin. Notably, the brand is among those products expressly recommended by the Skin Cancer Foundation for “safe and effective sun protection.”
Hopefully, the only red creatures we’ll be seeing in the future aboard Carnival’s ships will be on plates.
Image Courtesy Carnival Cruise Lines