“We are extremely pleased with the extensive yacht refurbishment of Star Pride and are excited to be welcoming guests aboard in Windstar’s private yacht style as the Mediterranean cruise season gets under way,” remarked Andrew N. Todd, president and chief executive officer of Xanterra Parks & Resorts, parent company of Windstar Cruises.
The 2016 Star Pride $4.5 million transformation builds on earlier renovations now matching all guest accommodations and features of sister yachts, Star Breeze and Star Legend. Total investment in refurbishing the three yachts is over $21.5 million dollars in the last two years.
Star Pride 2016 Transformation Highlights:
Suite Upgrades: Two Owner’s Suites were completely rebuilt with a new indoor-outdoor floor plan and interior design featuring new linens, towels, furnishings, windows and drapery. Guests staying in one of the two exclusive suites will enjoy a new, extended private deck area with spectacular views over the bow of the ship.Star Pride was the first of three elegant all-suite yachts to join Windstar’s fleet in the last two years, now at a total of six yachts, including sister yachts Star Breeze and Star Legend, as well as the classic Windstar sailing yachts Wind Surf, Wind Star, and Wind Spirit. Windstar yachts offer guests the chance to travel to 150 international destinations, small secluded ports, hidden harbors and iconic cities, all in Windstar’s signature private yacht style, immersing guests in local cultures around the world offering a vacation experience truly 180 degrees from ordinary.
In addition, all luxurious guest suites on the yacht received stylish new coffee tables, and new flat screen televisions. Comfortable sofa beds were added in the living rooms of 12 select suites now offering triple accommodations.
Public Spaces: All guest stairways and hallways were redone in Windstar blues and earth tones, conveying a unified nautical theme throughout the elegant yacht. New carpets and tile flooring were also added to stairwells and all indoor public spaces.
• The Lounge: the former entertainment lounge now includes new flooring, lighting, sound system, and furniture. The newly created elegant ambiance makes the show lounge an amenable space for entertainment, meetings and small gatherings.
• Veranda: the restaurant in the aft of the yacht expands its outdoor seating to a new courtyard area, complete with a succulent garden wall.
• Star Deck: the top outdoor deck expanded by four feet on each side, giving additional space for guests to relax on deck chairs. The Star Deck also offers a new counter-current pool and whirlpool.
• Library: the Library has been updated with softer colors, new furnishings and new artwork.
• Star Screening Room: the space transformed from a card room to an intimate screening room where guests can watch the latest movies and play video games.
• Fitness Center: the new gym layout includes new flooring, wall coverings and window treatments for a cooler and more refreshing wellness atmosphere.
Dining Venues: AmphorA Restaurant, the main dining room on board, completes its redesign with new flooring, wall coverings, lighting and seating layout. A new public bathroom was added adjacent to the entrance. Veranda restaurant has opened up a 180 degree view of the ocean by adding sliding glass doors and an aft glass wind screen. Veranda also offers expanded outdoor seating in the new courtyard which is complete with a virtual garden wall.
Image Courtesy Windstar Cruises