In addition to visiting some of the world’s most beautiful destinations, guests sailing on Carnival Journeys cruises can participate in unique on-board activities where they can sample local cuisine and enjoy entertainment and cultural opportunities within the various ports of call. Activities focusing on a broad range of topics—everything from photography and cooking to arts and crafts and social media—along with a 1980s-themed “Throwback Sea Day,” are also offered.
“Our Carnival Journeys cruises have proven enormously popular with guests who enjoy both unforgettable landside experiences and one-of-a-kind onboard enrichment activities that this unique program offers,” said Christine Duffy, Carnival president. “We’re thrilled to expand Carnival Journeys with these 13 new voyages that showcase some of the world’s most captivating destinations,” she added.
The new Carnival Journeys voyages include:
• Carnival Splendor: a 14-day Alaska cruise round-trip from Long Beach Aug. 25 to Sept. 8, 2018, visiting Hubbard Glacier, Icy Strait Point, Ketchikan, Skagway, Juneau and Sitka, Alaska, as well as Victoria, British Columbia.Carnival Journeys activities are tailored to each itinerary in the areas of dining, entertainment, team member connections and enrichment, all infused with the line’s spirited brand of fun. These experiences include:
• Carnival Breeze: a 14-day Southern Caribbean voyage departing Galveston Sept. 16 and arriving in Port Canaveral Sept. 30, 2018, calling at Grand Cayman, Aruba, Curacao, Grenada, Barbados, Dominica and St Maarten.
• Carnival Splendor: three 14-day Hawaii cruises round-trip from Long Beach departing Oct. 13, 2018, Dec. 1, 2018, and Jan. 12, 2019, visiting Maui (Kahului), Honolulu, Kona and Hilo.
• Carnival Freedom: a 14-day Panama Canal voyage round-trip from Galveston Oct. 27-Nov. 10, 2018, visiting Montego Bay, Aruba, Curacao, and Cartagena prior to a partial transit of the Panama Canal followed by Limon (Costa Rica) and Cozumel.
• Carnival Breeze: a 14-day Southern Caribbean voyage operating round-trip from Port Canaveral Nov. 3-17, 2018, with stops at St Thomas, Antigua, St Lucia, Grenada, Barbados, St. Maarten, Tortola, and San Juan.
• Carnival Pride: a 14-day Southern Caribbean cruise round-trip from Baltimore Nov. 4-18, 2018, calling at Grand Turk, Aruba, Curacao, Barbados, St. Lucia and St. Maarten.
• Carnival Ecstasy: a 12-day Southern Caribbean cruise round trip from Charleston Nov. 10-22, 2018, featuring Amber Cove, Aruba, Curacao, St Maarten and San Juan.
• Carnival Miracle: a 14-day Panama Canal voyage round-trip from Tampa Dec. 2-16, 2018, visiting Cozumel and Limon prior to a partial transit of the Panama Canal followed by Cartagena, Aruba, Curacao and Ocho Rios.
• Carnival Pride: 14-day Southern Caribbean voyage round-trip from Baltimore Jan. 6-20, 2019, visiting St Thomas, Antigua, Grenada, Dominica, St. Maarten, San Juan and Grand Turk.
• Carnival Sunshine: a 13-day Southern Caribbean cruise round-trip from Port Canaveral, Fla., Jan. 12-25, 2019, calling at Aruba, Curacao, St. Maarten, St. Kitts, San Juan and Amber Cove (Dominican Republic).
• Carnival Freedom: a 14-day Southern Caribbean sailing round-trip from Galveston Jan 19-Feb. 2, 2019, featuring Grand Cayman, Aruba, Bonaire, and Cartagena prior to a partial transit of the Panama Canal followed by Limon and Cozumel.
• Authentic Eats: Partnering with local restaurants and chefs, Carnival Journeys participants enjoy on-board cooking demonstrations where these culinary artists will recreate their signature dishes and traditional cuisines from their country. Participants also have an opportunity to dine at the chef’s restaurant ashore for a nominal fee and accompany the chef as he or she visits local markets for delectable regional specialties.For additional information, visit carnival.com.
• “Local”-tainment: From calypso, soca and Goombay to colorful folkloric entertainment, Carnival Journeys participants will get an up-close-and-personal look at their destination through local entertainment performances taking place outside the ship or on board.
• Academy of Fun: Through these educational enrichment sessions, Carnival’s shipboard experts instruct guests in topics ranging from cooking and arts and crafts to digital photography and social media. All of these activities are performed with the fun and entertaining style that only Carnival can provide.
• Throwback Sea Day: Carnival sets the “way back machine” to 1987 and recreates a fun day at sea with retro pool and deck games, old school dining options like Baked Alaska and the gala midnight buffet, a white glove Captain’s Celebration, popular movies from that era, a circa 1987 version of the Carnival Capers shipboard newsletter, and more.
• Shipboard Team Member Connections: Here, Carnival Journeys participants can learn more about shipboard life through informative question and answer sessions hosted by the ship’s captain, cruise director, hotel director and others, held at different times throughout the voyage and providing an opportunity to engage and interact with the Carnival team in a fun and casual setting. There is also an unforgettable show performed by the ship’s crew during the voyage.