Following the renovation, which took place in Freeport, The Bahamas, the 130,000-ton Carnival Dream has resumed its year-round schedule of seven-day western Caribbean and Bahamas/Florida cruises from the Big Easy.
The new spaces include:
• Guy’s Pig & Anchor Barbeque Smokehouse: Designed by Food Network star Guy Fieri, the open-air free-of-charge venue offers a variety of BBQ favorites with a menu that includes Championship Pork Butt, Blue Ribbon Chicken, smoked Andouille sausage, and Sliced Smoked Round of Beef, and Fieri’s own take on traditional sides. The eatery complements the popular Guy’s Burger Joints featured on Carnival Dream and 13 other Carnival ships.These additions complement Carnival Dream’s wide variety of onboard innovations, including a massive WaterWorks aqua park featuring a 304-foot-long water slide, a Serenity adults-only retreat, a luxurious Cloud 9 Spa with a thalassotherapy pool and thermal suite, and Ocean Plaza, a stunning indoor/outdoor live music and entertainment venue. Carnival Dream also offers Seuss at Sea, an exclusive partnership with Dr. Seuss Enterprises, as well as play spaces for kids in three age groups. A variety of accommodation categories—including nearly 900 balcony cabins and extra-roomy family staterooms that sleep up to five guests—are available, as well.
• BlueIguana Cantina: A complimentary poolside Mexican eatery where guests can enjoy authentic, freshly made burritos and tacos on homemade tortillas, as well as an elaborate toppings and salsa bar.
• Alchemy Bar: A “cocktail pharmacy”-themed lounge with mixologists dressed in lab coats who “prescribe” concoctions from different elixirs and ingredients with creative monikers like Forty is the New Twenty and The Restorative Basil Drop.
• Pizzeria del Capitano: Here, guests can enjoy five different varieties of hand-tossed, artisanal-style pizza, including Margherita, quattro formaggio, mushroom, prosciutto and pepperoni—all free of charge 24 hours a day and made in a traditional pizza oven.
• Bonsai Sushi: A full-service sushi restaurant offering delicious Asian-inspired delicacies—sushi, sashimi, bento “ships” for two and more, along with popular beers and cocktails from the region—all enjoyed amidst a striking contemporary décor inspired by the Far East.
Carnival Dream operates year-round seven-day cruises from New Orleans offering three distinctly different itineraries—western Caribbean cruises visiting Montego Bay, Cozumel, and Grand Cayman; or Mahogany Bay (Isla Roatan), Belize and Cozumel; and a Bahamas/Florida route calling at Key West, Freeport, and Nassau. For additional information, visit Carnival.com.
Image Courtesy of Carnival Cruise Lines