“We're looking forward to sharing the unique experiences of Alaska with our guests,” stated Bob Binder, President & CEO of Oceania Cruises. “From the mountains and glaciers to the picturesque frontier towns and amazing wildlife, they'll also see an uncommon Alaska, a side that you only experience on a small ship with the inimitable style and comfort of Oceania Cruises.”
• In Astoria, the Ale Trail will delight beer lovers as they discover the amazing variety of local, hand-crafted brews indigenous to this west coast foodie mecca. Not only will there be opportunities for tastings, travelers will gain personal insights into the brewing process with personalized tours of local breweries and interactions with the owners and brew masters.
• In Ketchikan, join the Captain and crew for an extraordinary journey of discovery on the Aleutian Ballad, the storied crab boat from Discovery Network’s “Deadliest Catch.” Or, guests can partake in a personalized fishing expedition where their catch is prepared by a personal chef as the main course of a gourmet lunch, served around a crackling campfire amidst the centuries-old Alaskan rainforest.
• Looking for a good old-fashioned food & wine immersion? Victoria has it all. A food and cultural walking tour will guide guests to such legendary establishments as Sticky Wicket, Hanks’s BBQ, 10 Acres bistro and Bon Macaron Patisserie.
• Adventures abound in Juneau, where thrill-seekers can go dog-sledding, glacier-trekking on Mendenhall Glacier, or even sea-kayaking through the coastal waterways traveled for centuries by the Aleut Indians. Foodies will enjoy the “Flavors of Juneau” with a visit to the Alaskan Brewing Company and Chez Alaska Cooking School.
•Search for bears, deer, and bald eagles in their natural habitat in the remote Spasski River Valley outside of Hoonah. Get immersed in Tlingit culture, song, and storytelling at the Heritage Center or embark on an adrenaline-fueled ZipRider experience on the world’s largest zip-line.
• Go deep-sea sport fishing for salmon in Sitka. Visit the world-famous Alaska Raptor Center, one of the largest rehabilitation centers for injured eagles, hawks, falcons, and owls, and witness the magnificence of sea otters, whales, sea lions, porpoises and brown bears on a Sea Otter and Wildlife Quest.
Sailing Alaska between May and September is Oceania Cruises’ Regatta, the flagship of the fleet. With only 684 guests catered to by 400 professionally trained staff, nothing onboard is left for want. Sleek and elegant, she features four unique, open-seating restaurants serving the finest cuisine at sea, a world-class fitness center and spa, eight lounges and bars, a casino and 342 lavish suites and luxurious staterooms, nearly 70% of which feature private verandas—perfect for viewing Alaska’s stunning landscapes. The ship's intimate size allows for immersive experiences in every port that dig deep into the local people, culture and cuisine. The Regatta is also able to call in ports like Wrangell and Prince Rupert which larger ships do not, and provide up close views of Sawyer and Hubbard glaciers and access to the astounding beauty of Tracy Arm Fjord.
• The Great Northwest – 11 days from San Francisco to Vancouver visiting Astoria, Ketchikan, Juneau, Hubbard Glacier, Icy Straight Point, Sitka, and Prince Rupert. Departs May 10th.
• Pristine Passages – seven days from Vancouver to Seattle visiting Wrangell, Juneau, Sitka, and Ketchikan. Departs May 24th.
• Peaks, Parks & Preserves – 10 days roundtrip from Vancouver visiting Ketchikan, Sitka, Hubbard Glacier, Skagway, Juneau, Wrangell, and Victoria. Departs May 31st and August 31st.
• Glistening Glaciers – 10 days from Vancouver to Seattle visiting Ketchikan, Juneau, Icy Strait Point, Skagway, Sitka, and Victoria Departs June 10th.
• Awe of Alaska – seven days roundtrip from Seattle visiting Ketchikan, Tracy Arm Fjord, Sawyer Glacier, Sitka, and Prince Rupert. Departs June 30th, July 7th and 14th, August 7th and 14th.
• Alaska Charms – seven days roundtrip from Seattle visiting Wrangell, Tracy Arm Fjord, Sawyer Glacier, Sitka, and Prince Rupert. Departs July 21st.
• Glacial Adventures –10 days roundtrip from Seattle visiting Ketchikan, Juneau, Hubbard Glacier, Icy Strait Point, Skagway, Sitka, and Victoria. Departs July 28th.
• Glaciers & Gardens – 10 days Seattle to Vancouver visiting Ketchikan, Sitka, Hubbard Glacier, Juneau, Skagway, Wrangell, and Victoria. Departs August 21st.
• Alaskan Grandeur – 10 days Vancouver to San Francisco visiting Ketchikan, Juneau, Hubbard Glacier, Sitka, Victoria, and Astoria. Departs September 10th.
For more information, visit OceaniaCruises.com.