"Our guests are seasoned luxury travelers looking to discover the least accessible corners of our planet, where nature can still astound with its untouched beauty," said Manfredi Lefebvre d'Ovidio, Silversea’s Executive Chairman. "The Couture Collection reveals the most exotic places, cultures and people on carefully curated journeys that feature all the extraordinary touches of comfort and luxury for which Silversea is renowned."
Silversea’s own experienced architects, drawing on the best itinerary expertise and global knowledge, have custom-crafted each element of the 2018 Couture Collection down to the smallest details. Silversea’s experts designed the inaugural collection with inspiration from Silversea guests; a survey of North American travelers, 87 percent of whom are from the United States, explored guests’ “dream destinations” and most sought-after cultural experiences.
The pre- and post-cruise Couture Collection includes exclusive amenities ranging from private helicopter service in Mongolia to vintage rail in India and Gulfstream jets in and out of Antarctica. Prices average $34,000 per guest for each five- to eleven-day adventure, with the 11-day South Pole itinerary leading the collection starting at $78,000 per guest.
The Couture Collection programs are limited to small groups and include most meals, beverages and exclusive culinary events. Guests enjoy inclusive luxury accommodations at renowned boutique hotels, lodges and private tents specifically built for these experiences. Each bespoke adventure is fully escorted. Each program provides a perfect extension to select Silversea cruises, creating an unrivaled luxury travel experience, deeper on land.
Conrad Combrink, VP Product Development Expeditions and Experiences, hand crafted each of these expeditions under the watchful eye of Silversea’s Executive Chairman, Manfredi Lefebvre d’Ovidio.
The following is a snapshot of the all-new Couture Collection programs:
• Rwanda & Serengeti: Walking in the Footsteps of Giants -- Come face-to-face with the power and beauty that is Africa. Explore the lush rain forests of Rwanda's Volcanoes National Park while looking for the majestic mountain gorilla in an exclusive two-day trekking experience. Go on a game drive seeking the Big Five from a custom 4x4 in Tanzania's Serengeti National Park, a UNESCO World Heritage Site best known for its amazing annual migration of wildebeest, gazelles and zebras. Eight days from $19,959; departures on Nov. 20 or 27; combinable with Silver Discoverer expeditions departing on Nov. 16 or 27.Manfredi Lefebvre d’Ovidio di Balsorano di Clunières, Executive Chairman Silversea Cruises, was born in Rome, the son of the renowned entrepreneur and lawmaker Antonio Lefebvre de Clunières di Balsorano. Lefebvre started his career working in family companies but moved swiftly to build his own companies. In 2001, he took control of Silversea Cruises, a family company and global leader in luxury cruising and became Executive Chairman.
• White Desert & South Pole: Standing on the Bottom of the Earth -- No place on Earth can compare to the vast white desert of Antarctica. Explore spectacular ice caves and tunnels. Climb a glacial island. Photograph a remarkable colony of emperor penguins at Atka Bay. Follow in the footsteps of Roald Amundsen and Robert Scott and be among the privileged few who have reached the South Pole. Enjoy the comforts and luxury of a stay at Whichaway Camp. Fly in and out of Antarctica on a Gulfstream business jet. Eleven Days from $78,000; departure on Jan. 2; combinable with Silver Spirit's Dec. 18, 2017 voyage.
• Namibia & Rovos Rail -- Experience the awe-inspiring beauty of the Namibia Desert at the award-winning Little Kulala Camp in the Kulala Wilderness Reserve. Go flight seeing over the Skeleton Coast. Marvel at Sesriem Canyon. Float above enchanting desert landscapes in a hot-air balloon. From Pretoria to Cape Town, journey in luxury aboard the iconic Rovos Rail, known as The Most Luxurious Train in the World. Savor the South African scenery from a carefully restored carriage that evokes the charms of a bygone era. Six days from $11,299; departures on Jan. 8 or Mar. 14; combinable with cruises on Silver Spirit (Jan. 15) or Silver Cloud (Mar. 21)
• India: In the Path of Powerful Titans -- Enjoy the luxury of private flights throughout India. Track tigers in Ranthambore wildlife reserve. Journey by vintage rail to the magnificent Umaid Bhawan Palace in Jodhpur, where an elegant dinner includes stunning views of Mehrangarh, an impressive centuries-old fort. Witness the charms of the ancient city of Jaisalmer from the comfort of The Serai luxury camp. Explore majestic desert dunes on a jeep or camel safari, then sample delicacies at an elegant bush dinner. Six days from $32,799; departure on Oct. 23; combinable with Silver Muse's Oct. 8 cruise.
• Australia: Exploring the Unforgiving and Unforgettable Outback -- Enjoy private air travel to and from Darwin to experience an authentic outback adventure at the Bullo River Station, a cattle ranch tucked in the northwest corner of Australia's Northern Territory. Explore Aboriginal rock art galleries. Cruise up the spectacular Bullo River Gorge. Discover the amazing landscape of the Bungle Bungle Range. Swim in the jade-green natural rock pools of the Cascades. Five days from $19,919; departures on Jul. 23 or 29; combinable with Silver Discoverer expeditions departing on Jul. 19 or 29.
• Iceland: Revealing the Legends of Fire and Ice -- From thermal springs to glaciers, Iceland is a land of remarkable contrasts. Enjoy private helicopter travel to explore its most amazing wonders. Sip a champagne toast at the famous Godafoss Waterfall. During at stay at Deplar, a sheep farm turned luxury lodge, go kayaking, mountain biking, whale watching and more. Visit the bird-watching wonderland of Drangey Island. Lunch atop a glacier-capped volcano. Enter a man-made ice tunnel at Langjokull Glacier. Five days from $45,199; departures on Aug. 2 or 8; combinable with Silver Cloud expeditions departing on Jul. 27 or Aug. 8.
• Tibet: Standing on the Rooftop of the World -- Discover some of the most amazing and isolated places on Earth. Observe morning prayers at a Buddhist nunnery. Visit Jokhang Temple, considered the holiest temple in Tibetan Buddhism. Witness a lively debate among monks at Sera Monastery. Unwind with a meditation class led by a monk. Picnic amid the stunning beauty of Yamdrok Yumtso Lake. Stroll through Norbulingka, the splendid former summer palace of the Dalai Lama. See the gigantic gilded statue of Maitreya Buddha at Tashilhunpo Monastery. Five days from $12,499; departures on Oct. 7 or 14; combinable with a Silver Shadow cruise departing Sept. 28 or Oct. 14.
• Mongolia: Echoes of Genghis Khan -- Visit with one of the last remaining groups of reindeer herders, the Tsaatan community of Northern Mongolia. Marvel at the beauty of Lake Khuvsgul. Learn about the culture of the Kazakh people and witness their ancient tradition of hunting with golden eagles. At the Naadam Festival (Three Games of Men), observe an ancient spectacle of horse racing, archery and wrestling, valued as sports of strength, wisdom and courage. Six or seven days from $29,199; departures on May 2 or 10; combinable with a Silver Shadow cruise departing Apr. 25 or May 10.
• Bolivia: A Short Walk onto Another Universe -- Stay at the bottom of ice-capped Sajama, Bolivia's highest peak. Explore volcanoes, hot springs and 3,000-year-old plants. Visit Salar de Uyuni, the world's largest salt flat, and stay in a unique luxury camp of geodesic dome tents. Discover the small village of Tahua, at the foot of the Tunupa Volcano, then hike to the cave of the Coquesa mummies and learn about their history. Relish stunning vistas on a drive through Los Flamencos nature reserve before indulging in the luxuries of the Alto Atacama Desert Lodge and Spa. Eight or ten days from $24,499; departures on Oct. 17 or 26; combinable with Silver Cloud expeditions departing on Oct. 15 or 26.
He transformed Silversea from a cruise line with three vessels to the market leader with nine ships cruising to over 900 destinations worldwide. Further, he expanded the product range of the company by adding the Expedition fleet, quickly becoming a leader in luxury expedition cruising as well. The addition of the Couture Collection expands Silversea's destination reach even further.
Mr. Lefebvre is a recognized leader of the global cruise Industry and has held key roles in CLIA (Cruise Line International Organization), WTTC (World Tourism and Travel Council) and is a Member of WEF (World Economic Forum) and Aspen Institute. He is Chairman of the Monegasque Chamber of Shipping and was nominated Chevalier de L’Ordre de Saint Charles and Grimaldi by SAS Prince Albert II.
Conrad Combrink, Vice President Strategic Development Expedition and Experiences, is a native from Cape Town, South Africa. Within months of Silversea’s 2007 purchase of their first expedition ship, Conrad Combrink was given the responsibility for creating and coordinating many of the important aspects of the newly created Silversea Expeditions cruise program.
Today he is in charge of developing and coordinating all Silversea Expedition itineraries, shore programs, oversees expedition staff recruitment and regulatory compliance. Conrad also oversees all aspects of the development and delivery of the very unique Silversea Couture collection, and more recently all World Cruise and Grand voyage events and experiences. Conrad spends a good amount of time each year traveling the globe in search for new and exciting destinations to bring to life for Silversea Expeditions and now the Silversea Couture Collection.
A rich and very exciting career in the in the expedition cruise industry brought Conrad to Silversea. Conrad has an infectious passion for expedition travel and exploration that has taken him to all seven continents and some of the world’s most remote destinations including Antarctica, the South Pacific, Russia’s Far East, Alaska, North Atlantic, Indian Ocean, Bay of Bengal, Micronesia and Melanesia and most recently Bhutan, Nepal and Mongolia. Conrad holds a degree in tourism management.
Image Courtesy Silversea Cruises