“Perhaps more than any other voyage, a Transatlantic Crossing captures the imagination of the most intrepid travelers,” said Carol Marlow, president of Cunard Line. “A Transatlantic voyage recalls a bygone era of glamour and sophistication. For many, it is on par with the world’s most storied travel experiences.”
In addition to logging nearly three-quarters of a million miles, Queen Mary 2 will mark other milestones on her 100th Transatlantic voyage, including:
· More than 229,000 guests crossing the North AtlanticQueen Mary 2 has welcomed many notable guests, including Barbara Walters, Katie Couric, Uma Thurman, Richard Dreyfuss, Carly Simon, Rod Stewart, Tina Brown and Harold Evans, Terrance Howard, Donald Trump, and Dame Shirley Bassey. Her eminent visitors have included HRH Queen Elizabeth II, HRH The Duke of Edinburgh, Queen Noor, Former President George Bush, and New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg.
· 450 pets crossing the North Atlantic
· 97,000 pounds of lobster served
· 2,700 pounds of caviar served
· 206,200 bottles of Champagne served
· Enough tea to fill nearly five Olympic-sized swimming pools
Take a Transatlantic voyage on Queen Mary 2 with Cruise Diva, Crossing the Atlantic in Royal Style.