Celebrity Cruises is celebrating the new year and two decades of cruising by announcing the launch of a new look on their popular Millennium-class ships. When revealing their new ‘Designed for You’ branding initiative this week, President & CEO Dan Hanrahan said, “What better time than our 20th anniversary to celebrate Celebrity’s history of award-winning service, cuisine, and our new, brand-defining Solstice Class?” Hanrahan added, “Everything we’ve offered over the course of 20 years, and everything we’ll offer in the future, is designed for discerning cruisers, from our contemporary, new Celebrity Life onboard experiences, to the world-class cuisine of Chef Jacques Van Staden, to our enhanced Captain’s Club loyalty program. So, we’ve summed up our longtime commitment to understanding them and delivering what they want within a new brand platform: ‘Designed for You’.”
The introduction of Designed for You marks the culmination of an extensive, 6-month exploration into more deeply understanding the needs of discerning cruisers. “We’ve always been committed to identifying and designing what our guests want, and the awards our brand continues to receive are welcome validation that it’s working,” said Hanrahan. “The greatest validation has been the response to our stunning Solstice Class.”
Celebrity’s Solstice-class building program represents an investment of $3.7-billion, the largest newbuild commitment for a single brand in industry history, offering modern cruising “firsts,” including The Lawn Club; The Hot Glass Show; AquaClass; the industry’s first application of solar technology, and stylish staterooms. To leverage the Solstice-class ships’appeal, Celebrity plans to incorporate its attributes across the fleet, most notably through a significant revitalization of all four Millennium-class ships. Celebrity Constellation will be the first to receive the new enhancements during scheduled drydock in April of this year.
Among the Solstice-class features to be introduced on Millennium-class ships:
· More opportunities to relish Celebrity’s world-class cuisine with the addition of Tuscan Grille, the Napa Valley-meets-Italian-steakhouse venue
· Bistro on Five, the vibrant, popular creperie
· An ice-topped Martini Bar paired with Crush, whose ice-filled table presents a selection of chilled, top-tier vodkas
· The cool Café al Bacio and Gelateria, replacing the former Cova Café
· An Enomatic wine bar, the state-of-the-art, Italian designed wine serving system allowing guests to select and serve, at the touch of a button, the wines of their choice by the glass
· More sumptuous suites, on a par with those in the most modern hotels in Europe, with all new furniture, flat-screen TVs, upholstery, bedding and carpeting
· Restyled staterooms, with entirely new carpeting, flat-screen TVs, upholstery, and bedding
· New color schemes, carpeting and upholstery in every public venue, from the Celebrity Theater to Seaside Grill, from the main dining room to Michael’s Club
To check out Celebrity’s new Designed for You branding and video, visit the Celebrity web site.