Monday, June 28, 2010

Holland America Line Set To Launch Nieuw Amsterdam

The launch of Holland America Line's newest ship Nieuw Amsterdam is only a week away and the line has been counting down the days on the Holland America Line Blog.

If you're a fan like I am, you've followed the 100 Days--100 Reasons to Sail blog entries and anxiously awaited photos, such as those sent in from the shipyard by Nieuw Amsterdam’s 3rd Engineer, Rob Matthews, of the impressive LED-chandelier getting installed in the ship’s Atrium. I have to admit that I've especially looked forward to seeing the shots taken around the ship by my talented photographer friend Bert van Mackelenbergh, Statendam’s hotel manager, who currently is in Italy visiting Nieuw Amsterdam at the Fincantieri shipyard.

What will Holland America do for a grand finale? I guess we'll just have to keep watching the blog to see. In the meantime, if you'd like to win a a Nieuw Amsterdam Delft tile and commemorative plate (like those pictured above), be sure to watch the blog for the countdown quiz.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've been trying to win for a week, but someone always beats me to the punch, even if I submit my comment first. Any suggestions?