In the first year of service alone, aboard the 130,000-ton, 3,690-passenger Carnival Magic, it is expected that:
• Carnival Magic’s photographers will snap more than 1.5 million digital images and portraits
• Passengers will devour 242,000 servings of Carnival’s signature dessert, the Chocolate Melting Cake, along with 346,000 pizzas and 145,200 cappuccinos
• Approximately 26,600 meals will be served in the Prime Steakhouse
• Chefs in the vessel’s galley will use roughly 22,000 pounds of flour
• Nearly 100 metric tons of pineapples will be consumed, mostly in frothy tropical drinks!
• Stateroom stewards will place more than 2 million individual pieces of chocolate on guests’ pillows and create more than 663,000 of Carnival’s popular “towel animals”
• Guests will indulge in 18,000-plus massages, nearly 9,000 facials, more than 6,000 slimming treatments, and some 2,000 personal fitness consultations in the Carnival Magic’s “Cloud 9 Spa”
Chocolate and pizza...we won’t even hazard a guess as to the average passenger’s weight gain during a typical Carnival Magic cruise. Nor will we divulge ours!
Image Courtesy of Carnival Cruise Lines