A Day of Frozen Fun
Debuting this summer, on select Disney Magic and Disney Wonder sailings to Europe and Alaska, Disney Cruise Line guests are transported to the land of “Frozen” when the ship is transformed into a winter wonderland and a day of frozen fun culminates in a celebration with friends from the Kingdom of Arendelle. On one morning, guests will awake to discover a magical freeze has overtaken the atrium lobby with sparkling icicles adorning the grand staircase, resembling the majestic mountain-top ice palace of Queen Elsa.
Icy adventures and fun for the entire family throughout the day include all-new meet and greets and themed experiences:
• Memorable moments with Anna, Elsa, and for the first time in forever, Kristoff and OlafEvening fun kicks off with “Freezing the Night Away with Anna, Elsa, and Friends,” a family-friendly interactive deck party featuring the famous royal sisters of Arendelle and their Nordic companions. By nightfall, the freeze has spread to the upper decks of the ship, with giant snowflakes, icicles, and snow-covered rocks. The celebration begins with a high-energy line dance, set to the movie’s ice cutting scene. Sven, the trolls, and Olaf, make virtual appearances at the party. Sven engages the crowd in reindeer games and Olaf leads a sing along to his signature song, “In Summer.” Elsa arrives with a snowy gust of wind, calling on guests to sing “Let it Go” with her as she conjures up a wintry spectacle to cool things down for Olaf. The evening concludes with more family dancing on the pool deck, followed by fun just for adults in the nightclub featuring dance performances and frozen specialty drinks.
• “Anna’s Chase for the Chocolate” scavenger hunt for those who share Anna’s sense of adventure, with a special surprise for finishing the game
• “Do You Want to Build a Snowman” activity where kids take on Elsa’s magical powers to make snow and ice
• “The Maypole Swirl and Twirl” for families to learn a traditional Scandinavian dance spinning and braiding giant ribbons
• “Frozen” themed dining experience, including a menu inspired by traditional Nordic fare and special dishes inspired by the film
New Production Number in “Disney Dreams”
Friends from “Frozen” are also making their stage show debut at sea in the Walt Disney Theatre aboard the Disney Magic. In the Disney Cruise Line production, “Disney Dreams … An Enchanted Classic,” Anna, Elsa, and Olaf join the line up of Disney characters who together teach a young girl the power of her dreams. Brand-new scenes featuring “Frozen” characters include renditions of three popular songs: “Let it Go,” “For the First Time in Forever” and “In Summer.” Special effects include a snowfall throughout the theatre and a transformation of the young girl’s room into her own ice palace.
Magical Meet & Greets
Olaf will be giving warm hugs when he joins Anna and Elsa on their royal tour of the Disney Cruise Line ships. Children and families will have the opportunity to meet and take photographs with their favorite “Frozen” friends on the Disney Fantasy, Disney Dream, Disney Wonder, and Disney Magic.
Adventures Ashore in Norway
Disney Cruise Line guests who travel aboard the Disney Magic to Norway, the land that inspired Arendelle from “Frozen,” can join new Port Adventures that bring this fairytale setting to life. One signature adventure ashore in Ålesund, Norway will immerse guests in the splendor and charm of Norway, with the help of Anna and Elsa, in a storybook village. On other shore excursions guests will discover the natural wonders, architecture, and rich Scandinavian culture depicted in the film. Seven- and nine-night voyages begin June 6, 2015, sailing through Norwegian fjords and calling on ports including Stavanger, Ålesund, Geiranger, Molde, Olden and Bergen, Norway.
Olaf’s Summertime Freeze on Castaway Cay
With the help of everyone’s favorite snowman, Disney Cruise Line is cooling down Castaway Cay with the addition of Olaf’s Summertime Freeze bar. Serving non-alcoholic specialty frozen drinks in souvenir cups, the creative menu features refreshing beverages such as “Olaf’s Flurry Freeze,” “Sven’s Carrot Delight” and “Warm Hugs.” Olaf’s Summertime Freeze opens summer 2015 near the Pelican Point tram stop by Castaway Cay Family Beach.
Image Courtesy Disney Cruise Line