"We're delighted to offer our guests the opportunity to explore remote destinations both on land and underwater with this unique series of expedition voyages," said Mark Conroy, Silversea's managing director for the Americas. "The Scuba Diving Expedition Voyages are designed to provide the most awe-inspiring deep sea adventures, but also include incredible destinations for snorkeling and onshore hiking explorations."
In addition to an onboard dive master, these unique itineraries will feature a team of experts, including marine biologists, environmentalists, ecologists, and geologists, who will enlighten guests with their extensive knowledge of these amazing regions. Following is a sampling of upcoming Scuba Diving Expedition Voyages aboard Silver Discoverer:
• Australia (Great Barrier Reef) & Indonesia; Cairns to Balikpapan, 14 Days,2017
• Myanmar & Andaman Islands; Phuket to Maldives, 15 Days, Dec. 2-17
• Maldives, Seychelles (Aldabra) & Africa; Maldives to Dar es Salaam, 17 Days, Dec. 17-Jan. 3 (Itinerary is highlighted by a rare visit to the remote coral atoll of Aldabra. Virtually untouched by humans and teeming with marine life, this UNESCO World Heritage Site is one of the world's largest atolls, and a pristine home to thousands of giant tortoises.)
• Indonesia & Palau Archipelago; Darwin to Koror, 14 Days, May 26-Jun. 9The program is complimentary, but space is limited. Guests will need an Advanced Open Water Diver license or equivalent to participate. Guests must bring their own BCD vests and regulators. Silversea will provide the weight belts, tanks, masks, and fins free of charge on board Silver Discoverer. For further details and a complete list of the Scuba Diving Expedition Voyages, visit Silversea.com/expeditions/specialty-expeditions/scuba-diving-expeditions.
• Australia (Great Barrier Reef) & Indonesia; Cairns to Bali, 14 Days, Nov. 9-23
Image Courtesy Silversea Expeditions