“Holland America Line guests are travelers who enjoy immersing themselves in the cultures of the places we visit, and our new Signature Experiences present some of the most iconic destinations in a unique way that isn’t available to the general public,” said Orlando Ashford, Holland America Line’s president. “By showcasing these incredible cities at night with exclusive opportunities, our guests will come away with a deeper cultural impression and experiences that go well beyond traditional tours.”
Taste of Montréal – Old & New
On select Canada & New England cruises that depart from Montréal, the Taste of Montréal – Old & New Signature Experience visits the city's most popular sights and takes guests behind the velvet rope at one of its leading cultural institutions. In addition to the immersive city tour, the package also includes a two-night hotel stay and complimentary transfers. During the Signature Experience, guests visit Place Ville Marie, the city’s most iconic structure built atop an underground city. The tour continues with a visit to the observation deck of Au Sommet Place Ville Marie for fabulous city views and then culminates with an exclusive evening at Pointe-à-Callière, the Montréal History and Archaeology Museum, for a private, after-hours visit with appetizers and an open bar in the museum.
Europe Signature Experiences Offered in Five Fascinating Cities
In Europe guests on cruises departing from Amsterdam, Barcelona, Copenhagen, Rome or Venice can book an exclusive Signature Experience before they set sail.
- In Amsterdam, An Evening at the Rijksmuseum takes guests on an after-hours private tour of the most-visited national museum in the Netherlands. After a cocktail reception with hors d’oeuvres in the museum’s foyer, participants tour the Rijksmuseum Honor Gallery, followed by a three-course dinner in the Rijksmuseum’s café.
- An Evening at Casa Batlló in Barcelona includes a private tour of this iconic architectural treasure created by Antoni Gaudí between 1904 and 1906. Guests will have time to take in this masterpiece of shape, color and light, then feast on tapas and drinks while enjoying flamenco fusion music provided by Son de Cajon.
- In Copenhagen, the famous words “To be, or not to be…” will come to life during A Night at Kronborg Castle Signature Experience featuring this memorable UNESCO World Heritage Site, immortalized by William Shakespeare in “Hamlet.” At Kronborg Castle guests will be entertained by actors who provide a history of Shakespeare’s famous tragedy, followed by appetizers and beverages.
- During A Night Out in Ancient Rome, guests will spend a magical evening at the Casa dei Cavalieri di Rodi (House of the Knights of Rhodes) on a terrace overlooking the Roman Forum. After indulging in appetizers and prosecco, guests will be privy to a private, after-hours tour of Rome’s iconic Colosseum by one of the monument’s most elite guides.
- Venice reigns as one of the world’s most magical cities, and during An Evening on the Grand Canal Signature Experience guests will take a motor-launch cruise to the water entrance of a charming, privately owned, 16th-century palace overlooking the city’s Grand Canal. In this opulent and historic setting guests will enjoy appetizers, drinks and Venetian music, all in the company of a countess or member of her noble family.
South America & Asia Experiences to Be Added Soon
Signature Experiences for Australia and New Zealand, Asia and South America cruises will be coming soon and available to view through the hollandamerica.com website.
The 2018 Signature Experiences are complimentary for suite guests and now open for booking. Space is limited on each tour and they cannot be booked online, so guests are encouraged to contact their travel professional or call 1-877-SAIL-HAL (1-877-724-5425). If non-suite guests would like to purchase a Signature Experience, prices range from $699 to $999 per person, double occupancy. Taxes and fees are additional. For more information, visit HollandAmerica.com.