As part of its ongoing Pillars of Distinction initiative–the most significant product investment in the company’s history–Oceania Cruises has announced the second phase of innovative fleet-wide enhancements. These multi-million-dollar updates are in addition to the previously announced physical enhancements being made during the regularly scheduled dry-docks for Regatta, Insignia, and Nautica.
"As the leader in upper-premium cruising, we continually raise the bar to exceed our guests’ expectations and offer unrivaled value," stated Bob Binder, president of Oceania Cruises. “This latest phase of our Pillars of Distinction program reinforces the three hallmarks of the Oceania Cruises experience: cuisine, service, and comfort.”
· An expanded menu of “Jacques Pepin Signature Items” in the Grand Dining Rooms, which include Cotes d’Agneau Grillees–grilled lamb chop served with ratatouille and lamb gravy with thyme, and Gambas Sauté Provençal–sautéed shrimp in olive oil from Nice with garlic, parsley and tomatoes
· Evening menus in the Terrace Café will focus on regional specialties from the area the ship is sailings in addition to each evening’s ever changing range of traditional favorites
· Gourmet VIP canapé service for all suite guests now includes a wider array of specialty, gourmand-inspired delicacies which are presented on new, custom designed china
· Espresso and Cappuccino from the famed Illy Coffee of Italy
· Free shuttle service in more than 90 ports worldwide where the ship is docked away from the city center
· Introduction of production shows created by the legendary Gary J. Musik company that feature a full ensemble, original choreography, lavish costuming, and rousing musical numbers
· Dramatically faster Internet speeds as a result of new partnership with MTN
· Complimentary in-suite newspaper delivery for Owner’s, Vista, and Oceania suites
· Upgraded bath amenities and toiletries in all accommodations, including Bulgari for Concierge-level and suite guests.
· Laptops, currently featured in all Owner’s and Vista suites on Regatta, Insignia, and Nautica, will be added to all Penthouse Suites
· iPads for all Owner’s, Vista, and Oceania suites
Pillars of Distinction amenities will be featured on Oceania Cruises’ new Marina, scheduled for delivery in January 2011, and sister ship Riviera, which joins the fleet in April 2012 and be introduced aboard Regatta, Insignia, and Nautica in the spring of 2011. The line’s Pillars of Distinction is an ongoing initiative, with more enhancements and updates to be announced. For reservations or to order a brochure, contact a travel professional, visit OceaniaCruises.com or call toll-free at 800-531-5658.