Sunday, May 20, 2012

Aboard Rhapsody of the Seas, Fun Food in the New Park Café

On embarkation day I arrived aboard Rhapsody of the Seas hungry. After a cross country flight without even a snack, I was really hungry. On my way to the Windjammer Marketplace, Rhapsody’s buffet restaurant, I took a wrong turn and ended up in the Solarium where I found the brand new Park Café.

This new ultra casual option is like a friendly neighborhood deli offering light fare such as freshly made sandwiches, paninis, and crispy salads made to order with toppings ranging from cheeses and croutons to tiny shrimp. Lunch service begins at 11am and continues until 6:30pm so you could even have a very casual light early dinner there.

Breakfast at Park Café is sure to be a popular option as well. From 7am until 10am the selections included a variety of muffins and pastries, bagels with all the trimmings, an assortment of fruits and my favorite—a fried egg topped with melted cheese on an English muffin.

A nearby beverage bar has coffee, juices, and lemonade and the Solarium Bar serves cocktails. Late night snacks are also offered in Park Café from 11pm until 2am, but I haven’t had a chance to check those out yet. Should you want to take your food with you, the servers will even put it on a paper plate.

Aside from the good food, what I liked best about Park café is that I don’t over eat there. Like many people, I often put too much on my plate in the buffet line.

Photo: © CruiseDiva.com

No comments: