Friday, November 15, 2013

Bobby Rydell Gets Cooking on The Malt Shop Memories Cruise

As promised last week, I'm sharing the recipe from Bobby Rydell's cooking demonstration aboard Holland America Line's Eurodam during The Malt Shop Memories Cruise. I actually got his permission to do so when Mel and I happened to meet him and his wife Linda at the aft pool bar one evening.

It was fun to sit and chat casually with one of my teen idols and I had one burning question: "Do you really cook?" He confessed that the following recipe is actually Linda's. On a side note, Mel is known for aways having his camera on hand. That night he didn't carry it with him so I didn't get a photo with Bobby, but he graciously autographed my Malt Shop Memories program.

Bobby Rydell's
Dijon Garlic Pork Chope

  • 6 Boneless Pork Chops (Regular or Country Style)
  • Dijon Mustard
  • Dried Minced Garlic
  • Olive Oil
  • Foil
  • Salt
  • Pepper

Rub the pork chops with Dijon mustard until they are completely covered. Encrust one side with the dried minced garlic. Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste. Coat a roasting pan with a minimum amount of olive oil, place the chops encrusted side up in the pan and cover with foil.

Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.

Serve with asparagus, au gratin potatoes, and apple sauce.

1 comment:

milton said...

It's 40 minutes not 20. His wife corrected it.