“Carnival Valor offers a convenient and affordable choice from Port Canaveral, with a host of exciting new innovations as well as popular features like a reservations-only steakhouse and nearly 600 balcony staterooms—rare for a short cruise itinerary,” said Christine Duffy, president of Carnival Cruise Line. “We’re sure our guests are going to love all the new features and our travel agent partners will appreciate this exciting new cruise vacation option departing from the Space Coast,” she added.
Carnival Valor is one of four ships that sail from Port Canaveral which is also home to Carnival Magic and Carnival Victory offering year-round departures, as well as Carnival Sunshine operating seasonal sailings. Together, these four ships will carry more than 650,000 guests a year—more than any other cruise operator sailing from Port Canaveral.
New features being added to Carnival Valor include:
• Guy’s Burger Joint: a free-of-charge poolside venue developed in partnership with Food Network personality Guy Fieri serving hand-crafted burgers and fresh-cut fries in an atmosphere that celebrates the chef’s California roots and love of car cultureCarnival Valor kicks off its year-round 3- and 4-day Bahamas cruise schedule from Port Canaveral Oct. 30, 2016. On this route, 3-day cruises depart Thursdays and call at Nassau while 4-day voyages depart Sundays and feature Nassau and Freeport.
• RedFrog Rum Bar: a poolside bar offering the quintessential Caribbean vacation vibe with refreshing Caribbean rum-based frozen drinks and beers, including Carnival’s own ThirstyFrog Red
• BlueIguana Tequila Bar: a fun and festive outdoor watering hole offering a laid-back Mexican-themed atmosphere and tequila-based frozen drinks and beers, perfect for chillin’ by the pool
• BlueIguana Cantina: a complimentary poolside Mexican eatery where guests can enjoy authentic, freshly made burritos and tacos on homemade tortillas, as well as an elaborate toppings and salsa bar
• RedFrog Pub: at this tropics-inspired watering hole, guests can enjoy the Caribbean’s best rums and beers—including, of course, Carnival’s own ThirstyFrog Red—while soaking up the distinct British-West-Indies-meets-Key-West ambiance
• Alchemy Bar: a vintage-themed cocktail “pharmacy” that’s the go-to spot for guests seeking a unique experience with mixologists who “prescribe” concoctions from different elixirs and ingredients or guests’ own custom-created cocktails
• SkyBox Sports Bar: a sports lovers’ paradise where guests can catch live sporting events and check out scores on the real-time 24/7 sports ticker
• Cherry On Top: the “sweetest spot on board” which celebrates simple indulgences with bins of bulk candy, fun fanciful gifts and novelties, custom apparel, and more
In the meantime, Carnival Valor will offer a series of 3- to 5-day cruises in May 2016, as well as a program of 5- and 8-day departures through October 2016. The 3- to 5-day sailings will take place throughout May, visiting popular ports like Grand Turk, Amber Cove, Half Moon Cay, Nassau and Freeport. The ship will also offer a one-time 6-day cruise departing May 15 featuring Nassau, Amber Cove and Grand Turk.
The 5- to 8-day voyages will run June 4 to Sept. 30, 2016. Five-day cruises visit Nassau, Half Moon Cay and Freeport. Eight-day eastern Caribbean cruises call at Grand Turk, San Juan, St. Kitts and St. Maarten and 8-day southern Caribbean sailings include Aruba, Grand Turk and Curaçao or Bonaire.
Image Courtesy Carnival Cruise Line