"Harmony is truly magnificent in every sense of the word, from her architecture and design to the level of care and attention to detail with which our incredible crew are taking to prepare for our first guests," said Michael Bayley, President and CEO of Royal Caribbean International. "The ship is the 'best of the best' of what our guests love most about Royal Caribbean, combined with new and thrilling experiences never before found in one place but it is the passion and dedication of our crew that will make everlasting memories for our guests."
Costing more than a $1billion, Harmony of the Seas will be the 25th ship in the Royal Caribbean fleet and boasts highly anticipated first-at-sea experiences, including:
• A 100-foot drop with The Ultimate Abyss, the tallest slide at sea, plunging courageous adrenaline seekers 10 stories down from deck 16 to the Boardwalk on deck 6Harmony of the Seas spans 16 guest decks, encompasses 227,000 gross registered tons, carries 5,479 guests at double occupancy, features 2,747 staterooms, and is the world's largest cruise ship with a bold lineup of experiences found nowhere else on land or sea. Additionally, Harmony of the Seas combines the distinct seven neighborhood concept that Royal Caribbean's Oasis class of ships are known for with some of the most modern and groundbreaking amenities. Innovative features include The Ultimate Abyss, a thrilling slide 10 stories high—the tallest at sea, robot bartenders, virtual balconies with real-time views of the destination for interior rooms, and VOOM—the fastest internet at sea—so that guests can stay connected, stream their favorite entertainment and share their adventures.
• 4,700,000 lbs. (2,150 tons) of water in 23 swimming pools, whirlpools, two FlowRider surf simulators and waterslides, including the Perfect Storm, a thrilling trio of waterslides, and the Splashaway Bay waterpark for young guests
• The first double-story Wonderland, the specialty restaurant concept first introduced onboard the global cruise line’s Quantum class of ships delivering an imaginative and whimsical feast for all the senses
• The debut of Broadway’s hit musical Grease in the Royal Theater and spectacular diving shows in the AquaTheater
• 11,252 works of art showcased throughout the ship and Central Park, a living park in the center of the ship which features a total of 10,587 plants, 48 vine plants and 52 trees, some over 20 feet (6.1 meters) high
• VOOM, the fastest internet at sea, available exclusively to Royal Caribbean guests, which allows travelers to seamlessly stay connected, stream their favorite entertainment, video chat and share their adventures with friends and family at home
Entertainment in the air, in water, and on ice will keep guests dazzled with exciting high-diving, acrobatic and aquatic performances in the deepest pool at sea at the iconic AquaTheater; an ice show extravaganza and Broadway's hit musical Grease. Imaginative dining in the ship's 20 venues include the widest variety of cuisine from Wonderland, a whimsical culinary adventure for the senses, to the popular Jamie's Italian by celebrity chef Jamie Oliver.
Harmony of the Seas will homeport in Barcelona, Spain and embark on the first of 34 seven-night sailings in the western Mediterranean on June 7, exploring some of Europe's most interesting locations. In November 2016, Harmony will arrive at her homeport of Port Everglades, Fort Lauderdale, FL, from where she will offer 7-night eastern and western Caribbean sailings. The newest member of the fleet will join sister-ships Oasis of the Seas and Allure of the Seas, sailing from Port Canaveral and Port Everglades respectively, on the east coast of Florida.
Image Courtesy Royal Caribbean