Guests onboard these vino-centric sailings will enjoy select premium tastings from celebrated wineries such as Château Gassier, Tenuta San Guido, and Taittinger Champagne. As an exclusive to the Taittinger Voyage, Clovis Taittinger will be onboard followed by Maison Louis Jadot showcasing two of France’s best qualities, champagne and the famous Burgundy region. At the popular Winemaker’s Dinner, SeaDream’s Executive Chef will prepare a distinctive menu to complement and enhance the expressive wines of guest winemakers such as Philipp Wittman, Marilisa Allegrini, and Francesco Mazzei. The Winemaker’s Dinner offers a wine-by-the-glass package, for an additional cost.
Exclusive shore excursions take guests off the beaten path to explore the different foods, wines and cultures of the Mediterranean. At each port of call, guests can choose from a variety of activities to enhance their onboard wine experience. Guests can explore the stunning Sorrentino Winery at the base of the volcanic Mount Vesuvius, attend a wine tasting and truffle hunt at Castello delle Regine, or learn the art of making classic paella and how to pair it with local wines in Cartagena.
“The best way to truly know a place is to experience it through its people, food and wine,” explains SeaDream Yacht Club President Bob Lepisto. “Through our innovative itineraries, high attention to detail, and impeccable service, we are constantly striving to provide the ultimate guest experience both at sea and ashore.”
Additional highlights of the SeaDream 2017 Wine Voyages include a high crew to guest ratio, personalized onboard entertainment, a state of the art fitness center, and cuisine that competes with the ever-changing views. Smaller ports make for memorable shoreside experiences away from the crowd and allow even the most seasoned travelers the opportunity to discover new favorite destinations.
Below is a full listing of SeaDream’s 2017 Wine Voyage itineraries:
• Lisbon to Barcelona, departing April 27–May 6, 2017. Nine days including boutique ports of Portimao, Gibraltar, Puerto Banus, Malaga, Cartagena, Ibiza, Palma de Mallorca, and Menorca.SeaDream's inclusive fare includes ocean view accommodations, gourmet meals, gratuities, wine with lunch and dinner and so much more.
• Civitavecchia (Rome) round trip,departing June 10-17, 2017. Seven days including ports of Bonifacio (Corsica) overnight, Amalfi, Positano, Sorrento, and Capri.
• Civitavecchia (Rome) round trip, departing June 17–24, 2017. Seven days including ports of Portoferraio, Portovenere, Marina di Carrara (Florence, Lucca), Portofino, Saint Florent, and Porto Vecchio.
• Civitavecchia (Rome) to Venice, departing Aug 19–30, 2017. Eleven days calling on ports of Capri, Amalfi overnight, Positano, Taormina (Sicily), Kotor (Montenegro), Dubrovnik, Korcula, Hvar, and Rovinj.
• Piraeus (Athens) to Civitavecchia (Rome), departing Sept 23–30, 2017. Seven days calling on Hydra, Corinth Canal (Transit), Itea (Delphi), Taormina (Sicily), Amalfi overnight, and Capri.
• Civitavecchia (Rome) to Nice, departing Sept 30–Oct 7, 2017. Seven days calling on Porto Ercole, Portoferraio (Elba), Livorno (for Florence), Portovenere, Portofino, and Monte Carlo.
• Nice to Malaga, departing Oct 7–16, 2017. Nine days calling on St. Tropez, Sanary-sur-Mer, Cassis, Sète, Barcelona, Valencia, Alicante, and Cartagena.
Image Courtesy SeaDream Yacht Club