Specific plans include:
• Staterooms: All 1,310 staterooms aboard Queen Mary 2 will receive a fresh look with new carpeting, curtains, and beddings, and some will receive new furniture. The revised design will be in keeping with current designs but with an enhanced sense of luxurious comfort, as can be experienced in luxury hotels around the world.
• Golden Lion Pub: With its increasingly popular traditional British pub lunch menus, busy bar, televised sports events, and nightly music offerings, the pub will benefit from a complete refurbishment and redesign to enhance its endearing appeal. Pictured below, the new design retains the British pub atmosphere and also evokes an American country club feel similar to the warm colors and plush seating in the same venues aboard sister ships Queen Victoria and Queen Elizabeth. Upgraded television screens will also be installed.
• Canyon Ranch SpaClub: An extensive refurbishment of the first Canyon Ranch SpaClub at sea will include the teak surrounds of the hydrotherapy pool and adjacent wet areas, and a general upgrade of all the facilities. In addition, new exercise machines in the fitness centre and new and improved features in the Beauty Salon will be installed.
• Queens Grill and Princess Grill Restaurants: A new, lighter carpet design for both of Queen Mary 2’s exclusive Grill restaurants will enhance the existing ambiance, maintaining the reputation of these fine dining venues as among the best at sea or on land.
• Commodore Club: One of the most visited public rooms aboard Queen Mary 2, this breathtaking lounge overlooking her bow will be refreshed with a new carpet design and additions to the white leather furnishings of chairs, sofas and bar stools.
• Veuve Clicquot Champagne Bar: A popular space especially on Transatlantic Crossings, this venue featuring the exquisite Veuve Clicquot brand of champagne will see a new carpet and soft furnishings design.
• Sir Samuel’s: This busy venue which features specialty coffees during the day and an impressive menu of wines at night, will receive a new compliment of carpeting and furniture coverings.
• The Play Zone/Kids’ Zone: Cunard’s first-rate facilities for younger guests will undergo a complete refurbishment, including new soft play areas, plus upgrades to the very latest in electronic gaming technology and entertainment.
|Golden Lion Pub, above and right|
“Queen Mary 2 is an iconic leader in the world of luxury ocean travel and continues to receive high ratings by guests and the cruise industry,” said Peter Shanks, president of Cunard Line. “A ship that still turns heads everywhere she goes, she is unquestionably the pride of our fleet. We are committed to maintaining that impeccable reputation, and this significant refurbishment is an important investment on behalf of our guests.”
For more information about Cunard Line and Queen Mary 2, visit Cunard.com.
Artists Renderings Courtesy of Cunard Line