Sistership Allure of the Seas will follow suit in May 2015 with nearly identical enhancements. During their respective drydock, each ship’s seven neighborhoods will be enhanced as part of the cruises line’s Royal Advantage commitment to deliver the best vacation offerings and to introduce guests to even more new features and personalized experiences.
Even More New Culinary Concepts
A key element of any vacation, dining provides cruisers with the opportunity to experience new flavors and indulge in old favorites. Royal Caribbean’s Dynamic Dining, affords more choice and flexibility than ever before by offering 20 restaurants, as vast and varied as dining in the world’s most cosmopolitan cities. Royal Caribbean has recreated the original Oasis-class three-story main dining room into three distinct complimentary venues introducing bold new concepts each with their own cuisine and ambiance:
• American Icon Grill offers guests a take on the classic American road trip pulling together best-loved regional favorites into one comfort-style menu;Guests will enjoy menus of the new concepts beginning March 14, 2015, onboard Oasis of the Seas. Guests sailing Oasis of the Seas prior to March 14, will enjoy the traditional dining room experience in the newly designed spaces. As part of Dynamic Dining guests will have full control of their own epicurean journey with a selection of specialty restaurants including four new unique concepts:
• Silk is a vibrant and exotic destination where the spices of the Far East bring new flavor to adventurous palates through a Pan-Asian menu;
• The Grande, where every night is formal night, offers an elegant ambiance and refined cuisine.
• Izumi Hibachi & Sushi, a reimagined Izumi Japanese Cuisine offering a full teppanyaki menu as well as fresh and flavorful sushi rolls and sashimi;Finally, guests will continue to enjoy Giovanni’s Table, 150 Central Park and Vintage Wine Bar, the specialty dining concepts introduced on the Oasis-class in 2009.
• Sabor Taqueria & Tequila Bar, first introduced aboard Navigator of the Seas, will feature a menu of authentic, modern and unexpected Mexican dishes including guacamole made tableside. These dishes can be complemented by a beverage menu of tequilas, mezcal, and Mexican beers, as well as sangrias and tableside-mixed margaritas;
• Wonderland Imaginative Cuisine, a unique culinary adventure for the senses where Royal Caribbean chefs twist their culinary kaleidoscopes in a whimsical setting that challenges the imagination with never-before-seen fare;
• Coastal Kitchen is an exclusive restaurant for suite guests and Pinnacle members, that fuses Mediterranean influences with the riches of California’s bountiful farmlands. The experience is complemented by a robust wine list, curated specifically for the venue.
Royal Caribbean’s commitment to provide the best vacation experience is at the heart of its Royal Advantage program which takes its latest innovations and most popular features and expands them to even its newest ships, such as:
• Boatloads of Bandwidth, will offer guests onboard Oasis of the Seas and Allure of the Seas connectivity that matches broadband connections onshore and is greater than all other cruise ships combined. These new capabilities, allow the cruise line to offer affordable Internet packages so that guests may watch streaming video, check email, share images on social media, and have video conversations, even in the middle of the ocean.New Exclusive Suite Experience
• Royal iQ is a new app that puts guests in charge of their vacation choices. With the improved connectivity, Royal iQ is able to continue dining reservations, shore excursions, and spa appointments onboard, through both a downloadable app and at freestanding iQ stations around the ship. Royal iQ can be used as a convenient calendar that provides guests with at-a-glance views of their programs and to keep in touch with one another and home via phone and text capabilities.
Royal Caribbean is introducing 10 new suites on Oasis-class ships, offering expansive views of the ocean or the ships’ signature AquaTheater and Boardwalk neighborhood. Included are two Royal Suites, six Grand Suites, and two Royal Family Suites, which can accommodate up to six guests. These suites are paired with new exclusive suite amenities that include:
• The Suite Lounge, an exclusive lounge area for suite guests to relax offering views of the ship and sea;New Broadway Show
• The Sun Deck, a new sun deck area that gives suites guests the chance to relax in the Caribbean sun with lounge furniture, shaded and seating areas, and private service;
• Coastal Kitchen is a suites only full-service restaurant offering breakfast, lunch and dinner with a Mediterranean flair.
Oasis of the Seas will bring one of the longest running productions on Broadway, Andrew Lloyd Webber’s Tony award winning CATS to sea. Beginning June 2015, sister ship Allure of the Seas will feature MAMMA MIA!, the hit musical based on the group ABBA's timeless songs.
Superior Shopping at Sea
Royal Caribbean is introducing the playfully sophisticated designs of kate spade new york to Oasis-class on its Royal Promenade. Rounding out the diverse onboard shopping are Michael Kors and the Britto Art Gallery, as well as a whole new line-up of merchandise and fashion jewelry such as, Alexis Bittar, Uno de 50, Lauren G Adams, and Nina Nguyen.
These enhancements take many of the best features the cruise line has created in recent years and introduces them to its newest ships, by building on Royal Caribbean’s best-in-class global vacation offering and delivering to guests the Royal Advantage—the industry’s most innovative cruise ships, combined with exciting itineraries and destinations, and engaging Gold Anchor Service. More information on specific roll out dates for Oasis-class ships is available at RoyalCaribbean.com.
Oasis of the Seas and Allure of the Seas sail alternating 7-night Western and Eastern Caribbean itineraries every Saturday and Sunday, respectively from Fort Laurderdale, Florida, visiting warm-weather getaways in the Caribbean. During the 2015 Europe season, Allure of the Seas will be homeported at Barcelona, Spain, for the first full Oasis-class Europe season.
Photo Courtesy of Royal Caribbean International