|Dr Breus & Candice Olson|
Developed exclusively for Princess Cruises by the manufacturer of some of the most well-known and comfortable hotel beds in the world, the new Princess Luxury Bed will envelop guests in opulent style, and pure blissful comfort. The bed features a plush, two-inch thick pillow top, a nine-inch, single-sided medium firm mattress for enhanced support, individually wrapped coils for less partner disturbance, a European-inspired duvet and 100% luxurious Jacquard-woven cotton linens.
“We’re committed to ensuring that our guests come back from their cruise vacation feeling refreshed, rejuvenated and renewed,” said Jan Swartz, Princess Cruises’ president. “With our guests’ overall wellness in mind, we’ve invested in the design and development of our new Princess Luxury Bed with leading experts in both the science of sleep and design to offer the most comfortable and rejuvenating sleep at sea.”
Princess worked closely with board-certified sleep expert Dr. Michael Breus, “The Sleep Doctor” and clinical psychologist, bridging his scientific knowledge of sleep with the latest technology in comfort to design the optimal mattress for guests to experience true relaxation. He is the best-selling author of two sleep books and served as the official sleep representative of WebMD and regularly appears on “Dr. Oz.”
“It’s important to remember that above all, sleep is a sensory experience and all five of your senses must be prepared for slumber in order for sleep to come easily and last all night long,” said Dr. Breus. “I’m thrilled to share my expertise with Princess Cruises and believe we’ve come up with some really unique aspects for not just the bed itself, but the entire experience that will allow guests to sleep really well.”
The new Princess Luxury Bed features:
• Luxurious Pillow-Top Mattress – two-inch pillow top offers maximum comfort atop a medium firm, nine-inch single-sided mattress providing superior support.
• Individually Wrapped Coils – reduces sleep-surface sway and motion transfer, resulting in less bed-partner disturbance.
• Circular-Knitted Mattress Ticking – provides increased support for all sleeping positions, conforming to guests’ bodies for greater comfort and deeper sleep.
• Electronically Tempered Springs – enhanced support under compression for all body types.
• Full Foam Casing – provides greater edge support, increasing usable sleep surface.
|Candice’s Sketch: Princess Luxury Bed|
“As part of the new Princess Luxury Bed I want to ensure Princess guests can experience just how beautiful sleep can feel,” said Olson. “The goal in creating this linen set for Princess Cruises is to create a bed that is calm, and soothing, and tranquil.”
Candice Olson selected various bedding elements to deliver the Princess Luxury Bed, including:
• Fine Bed Linens – constructed from 100% luxurious, long staple cotton and woven on Jacquard looms for the highest quality of production.I look forward to enjoying a good night’s sleep on a Princess Luxury Bed in the future.
• European-Inspired Duvet – with a continuous-filament fiberfill of hypoallergenic, 100% virgin polyester to maximize loft without compromising climate comfort.
• King-sized Down Pillow* – deluxe pillow options (down fill or non-allergenic microfiber)
*Guests in full suites may select from an expanded Dr. Breus pillow menu.
Images Courtesy Princess Cruises