You will enjoy captivating experiences of local culture, history, beauty, hospitality, and relaxation. The fully-escorted Journeys have been uniquely curated to showcase the very best of the destination they visit and include select meals, transportation, and guided experiences. Luxury hotels and lodges have been hand-selected to offer them accommodations at the finest iconic properties in the best locations that showcase their indigenous surroundings - all conveniently timed to the start or finish of scheduled Seabourn cruises.
"We're truly excited to offer opportunities to extend the on board luxury experience with these new on shore Seabourn Journeys at a very attractive rate," said Chris Austin, senior vice president of global marketing and sales for Seabourn. "Each Seabourn Journey is expertly curated with customized, guide-led tours of the most memorable sites and scenes around the world. They are perfect for luxury travelers desiring a seamless, robust land-and-sea experience."
All Seabourn Journeys are available pre- and post-cruise, with transfers to and from Seabourn ships and various destinations included. Departures on most Journeys are guaranteed with a minimum of two guests. (The Denali Experience and South Pole Quest require a minimum of 10 guests.)
The following are 10 Seabourn Journeys currently offered around the world:
• Splendours of Peru: Lima, Cuzco & Machu Picchu (8 day pre-cruise/7-day post-cruise) - Experience ancient and contemporary culture in the capital of Peru, the former capital of the Inca empire. Highlights include the Church of Santo Domingo and Lima's oldest mansion, 16th century Casa Aliaga; impressive displays of Inca masonry at the Convent of Santo Domingo and the fortress of Sacsayhuaman in Cuzco, as well as the fortress of Ollantaytambo; and mountaintop Machu Picchu, in a class and an altitude by itself.For additional details on itineraries and specific inclusions for Seabourn Journeys, visit Seabourn.com.
• Cambodia: Phnom Penh & Temples of Angkor (6 days) - Cambodia's ancient and modern history are on display in Phnom Penh including the Silver Pagoda of the Royal Palace, ancient Khmer art at the National Museum, and infamous Khmer Rouge sites. Explore the complex of Angkor Wat by helicopter and then on foot with a guided tour of the breathtaking ruins including Bayon Temple, fig tree-wrapped Ta Prohm Temple, and other captivating temples including Angkor Thom and Rolous Khmer.
• India's Golden Triangle: The Taj Mahal & Jaipur (6 days) - Tour Old Delhi's Jama Masjid mosque and Chandni Chowk in a cycle rickshaw. In New Delhi, it's the Parliament House, India Gate and more, with dining on heirloom recipes in the elegant residence of a local family. In Agra, marvel at sprawling Agra Fort and the marble mausoleum of the Taj Mahal, then proceed to the Pink City of Jaipur with sites including the ornate Hawa Mahal, the "Palace of Winds". An elephant safari, the Amber Fort, and the Anokhi Museum of Hand Printing round out a very full experience.
• Sydney, The Red Centre & Great Barrier Reef (8-day pre-cruise/7-day post-cruise) - Sydney welcomes with the historic Rocks precinct, the Botanical Garden, and a private tour of the Sydney Opera House. Fly to the Red Centre to tour the 500-mlllion-year-old red rock domes of Kata Tjuta, The Olgas, and catch the sunset over Uluru during the Sounds of Silence experience, which includes an unforgettable dining experience and introduction to Aboriginal culture and a traditional Anangu performance. Take time to explore Uluru by camel, then a sunrise helicopter tour before transferring to Cairns and Port Douglas for the UNESCO World Heritage Daintree National Park, with a cruise on the Daintree River, guided forest walk to the Botanical Ark, and more. Guests then can experience a full day of snorkeling underwater wonders of the Great Barrier Reef from a luxury catamaran.
• Myanmar: Yangon, Bagan's Temples & Inie Lake (8 day pre-cruise/7-day post-cruise) - Enjoy previously inaccessible Myanmar with access to timeless attractions and unforgettable experiences. In Yangon, visit 2,500-year-old Shwedagon Pagoda, the 230-foot Reclining Buddha statue, and the magnificent carved Lion's Throne. In Bagan, float over thousands of stupas in a hot-air balloon and visit Shwezigon Pagoda, Kubyaukgyi Temple, Ananda Temple, and Htilominio Temple. At Inle Lake, a boat ride includes views of the gold-leaf Buddhas at Phaung Daw Oo Pagoda and Ngaphechaung Monastery perched on stilts over the lake.
• South Africa: Cape Town & Kruger Park Safari Lodge (7 day pre-cruise/6-day post-cruise) - Enjoy luxury and adventure in South Africa's scenic Cape followed by a multi-day safari experience amid one of Africa's densest concentrations of native wildlife. Pop a cork on Cape Town's oldest wine-producing region, Groot Constantia, and visit Kirstenbosch Botanical Gardens under Table Mountain, then head for the top by cable car. See Robben Island where Nelson Mandela was imprisoned, with additional highlights including the Castle of Good Hope and Company Gardens. Then fly to Kruger National Park for a stay at spectacular Singita Lebombo Lodge overlooking the N'wanetsi River, with two game drives daily to see leopard, lion, white and black rhino, elephant, hippo, cheetah and more.
• UNESCO South America: Rio, Iguazú Falls & Buenos Aires (6 days) - Two of South America's most captivating cities bookend this journey to the UNESCO World Heritage natural wonder of Iguazu Falls. In Rio de Janeiro, pass lush Tijuca Rainforest Park crowned by the Christ the Redeemer statue atop Corcovado Peak en route to famed Copacabana Beach. Absorb the earth-shaking roar of Iguazu Falls from a suspended walkway on the Brazilian side with a helicopter ride to dinner to follow. Finally, spend a day in Buenos Aires with Plaza de Mayo, San Telmo and colorful La Boca, and finish with a tango lesson at legendary Café de los Angelitos.
• UNESCO Treasures of China: Beijing, Xi'An & Hong Kong (6 days) - Immerse in the world's oldest civilization with exploration of the captivating contrasts of burgeoning Beijing, the Silk Road outpost of Xi'An, and the glittering melting pot of Hong Kong. Follow a welcome feast of Peking Duck with visits to the UNESCO World Heritage Temple of Heaven, Tiananmen Square, and Forbidden City in Beijing. Observe the dramatic Mutianyu section of the Great Wall by cable car and see highlights of the Beijing Olympic Village. In Xi'An, tour the Terra Cotta Warriors Museum, the Chinese-style Great Mosque, and the ancient City Wall. Then enjoy Hong Kong with tours of a colorful market, the Man Ho Temple and Hollywood Road, as well as scenic views from the Peak Tram.
• The Denali Experience (5 days) - Take in the many natural splendors of Alaska at the highest mountain in North America with travels focused on the looming, snow-capped peak and its National Park. Fly over the Great Gorge of the Ruth Glacier before heading deep into the Park with a guide to spot grizzly and black bears, wolves, moose, caribou and more. After a day at leisure in the Park with many options for activities, ride in a domed observation car on a scenic railway to enjoy celebratory hospitality in Anchorage, viewing unspoiled taiga forest and wild rivers all along the way. This Journey requires a minimum of 10 guests per departure.
• South Pole Quest (13 days) - A true expedition awaits on the White Continent. From the Chilean capital of Santiago, fly to Punta Arena, staging location for the Antarctic portion of the adventure, then head by plane to Union Glacier Base Camp with a stay in comfortable camp facilities. Expedition guides share knowledge of life in an Antarctic climate and wildlife likely to be encountered. There will be opportunities to explore the glacier including Elephant's Head, Drake Icefall, Hidden Valley and the beach at Rossman Cove. Then board a ski-plane and head for the bottom of the world, with time at the South Pole before return to base camp and Punta Arenas. This Journey requires a minimum of 10 guests per departure.
Image Courtesy of Seabourn