We are closely monitoring Tropical Storm Isaac and keeping in close contact with port officials.
CARNIVAL ELATION – 8/25/12 DEPARTURE
Officials at the Port of New Orleans have informed us the Mississippi River remains closed to ship traffic. Since it is uncertain when the river will reopen, the Carnival Elation will now proceed to the Port of Mobile. Weather permitting, debark will take place on Friday morning. Guests will be bused back to New Orleans.
CARNIVAL ELATION 8/30 DEPARTURE
Our scheduled 4-day cruise will be shortened to a 3-day Fun Cruise @ Sea departing on Friday, August 31, 2012. Please proceed to the Port of New Orleans and plan to arrive between 1:00 PM and 4:00 PM on Friday. The parking garage at the port will be open. Busses will take guests and their luggage to Mobile.
We sincerely apologize for this disruption to your cruise. Here are your options. Sail with us and receive a:
- 50% refund of your cruise fare (refunded within the next 2 weeks)Should you wish to cancel or reschedule, please contact 1-800-CARNIVAL to request your future cruise credit. Guests who purchased flights with Carnival’s FlyAweigh program will automatically have their flights adjusted to the new day and time. You will be notified of your new flights by our Travel Services department. Guests with independent flight arrangements, please adjust your travel plans accordingly.
- 25% future 3-5 day cruise discount (restrictions apply)
- Gratuities will be adjusted
- Refund of government fees and taxes
- Refunds will not be provided for flight changes, hotel accommodations, meals, transfers, or other incidental costs
To stay up to date on any changes, we encourage you to sign up for text alerts by texting CCL1 to CRUISE (278473). If you have already done so during your online check-in, you will automatically receive updates.
At the moment, there are no changes expected for any other sailings departing on or after Thursday, August 30, 2012. In the event we need to make a deviation to a future itinerary, we will update our guests. Once again, we’re very sorry that Mother Nature did not cooperate with our plans. However, we’re confident you’ll have loads of fun on board.